4th International Conference on Mobile Brain/Body Imaging (MoBI)
June 7 - June 10, 2020
University of California San Diego
La Jolla, California
Mobile Brain/Body Imaging (MoBI) is a new imaging approach employing mobile brain imaging methods including the electroencephalogram (EEG) and/or near infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) synchronized to body motion capture and other behavioral and psychophysiological data streams to investigate brain activity supporting participants actively interacting with their environment and/or with others. MoBI allows investigation of brain dynamics accompanying natural cognitive and affective processes as humans interact with their environment and/or with others. Overcoming the movement restrictions of established imaging modalities including traditional EEG and functional magnetic resonance tomography (MRI), MoBI experiments can provide new insights into the human brain function in actively behaving participants, which can lead to new insights into the brain function underlying cognitive control of behavior and its consequences. The knowledge gained can be used for future development of robust human-machine interfaces including for state assessment in active humans. MoBI experiments may use high-density mobile EEG and state-of-the-art virtual or augmented reality headsets supporting realistic task scenarios in controlled experimental environments, or may explore natural behaviors outside the laboratory.
- Sunday, June 7: Evening Reception and open house at SCCN
- Monday, June 8: Fundamentals. Hardware, Software, Stefan Debener Keynote, Vendor demos. Posters.
- Tuesday, June 9: Music and Movement. Gait (basic and clinical), MoBI in Music/Dance/Arts, Laurel Trainor Keynote
- Wednesday, June 10: Spatial Environment. Spatial Cognition. Neuroarchitecture. Sarah Robinson Keynote. MoBI Award. MoBI Moonshot.
- May 27-28: Introduction to EEGLAB (intensive workshop for novices)
- May 30 - June 2: EEGLAB Workshop
- June 3-5: Intensive collaborative EEGLAB workshop (analyze your own data)
- Sunday, June 7: 2nd Hands-On LSL Workshop
- June 7-10 [MoBI Conference]
- Thursday, June 11: NSF Workshop on group brain dynamics and multi-person recording
Benefits and pitfalls of wearable EEG
Rhythm, prediction and multi-person interaction in music
Extended Organisms/ Surrogate Bodies
MoBI Award 2020
The Brain Products MoBI Award is an annual award recognizing excellence in the field of Mobile Brain/Body Imaging Research. Find out more about prizes and how to submit for the MoBI Award 2020 by following this link to open an external page with more information.