CALIFORNIA STEM INCLUDES 2017
Majestic Garden Hotel Anaheim (address and directions)
Full Schedule (meals, keynotes, breakout times)
Breakout talks by room and time
The California STEM INCLUDES conference is a three day workshop on the general topic of STEM Inclusion across multiple sectors in California. The stakeholders include leaders and administrators in the K - 12 system, Community College System, Cal State System, UC System, private universities, industry, and community partners/philanthropic organizations. The main objective of the meeting is to determine the first steps in developing a state-wide network that would serve as a backbone for STEM inclusion.
May 4 - 6, 2017 in Anaheim, CA
Hosted by UC Irvine
- Eloy Oakley, Chancellor of the California Community Colleges
- Sylvia Hurtado, UCLA Professor of Education and former director of the Higher Education Research Institute
- Susan Elrod, Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
- Emily Miller, Director of AAU Undergraduate STEM Education Initiative
- Marco Molinaro, Assistant Vice Provost for Educational Effectiveness, UC Davis.
Supported by NSF Grant #1650570
Our goal is 30% UC, 20% CSU, 25% California Community Colleges, 5% private colleges, 10% K-12, 5% industry and 5% miscellaneous philanthropic and community-based organizations. The conference will end with a call for action to get engaged in the new California STEM INCLUDES Network. Each conference participant will be asked to write a personal goal for how they plan to engage in this community to share data or practices or to find opportunities to collaborate with others.
For more information, please contact Dr. Michael Dennin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference tweets via Storify