Wellcome to my Website!
I am an Associate Professor in the Computer Science and Engineering Department at the Catholic University of Murcia (UCAM), Murcia (Spain). Since September 2018, I am the Secretary of the TCIA Doctoral Program.
Dr. Abellán received the B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Murcia (Spain), in 2007, 2008 and 2012, respectively. His PhD advisors were Prof. Manuel E. Acacio and Prof. Juan Fernández. In the summer of 2011, thanks to a 4-month HiPEAC collaboration grant, he was a pre-doctoral researcher in the Dipartimento di Ingegneria under the supervision of Prof. Davide Bertozzi at the University of Ferrara (Italy). From September 2012 to August 2014, he was a post-doctoral researcher in the Integrated Circuits and Systems Group, which is led by Prof. Ajay Joshi, in the ECE Department at Boston University (USA). From September 2014 to January 2019, he was an Assistant professor in the Computer Science and Engineering Department at the Catholic University of Murcia, Murcia (Spain). In February 2019, he was promoted to Associate Professor in the same institution.
- November 2019: "Griffin: Hardware-Software Support for Efficient Page Migration in Multi-GPU systems" has been accepted at HPCA 2020.
- October 2019: "Tutorial on the Akita Simulator Framework and MGPUSim" will be given at HPCA2020.
- September 2019: Prof. Abellán earns the HiPEAC paper award thanks to publishing at ISCA.
- June 2019: Prof. Abellán appears in the news thanks to publishing at ISCA.
- May 2019: Antonio Serrano gave the best 3-minute thesis talk of the TCIA doctoral program at Jornadas de Doctorado 2019.
- May 2019: "InsideNet: A Tool for Characterizing Convolutional Neural Networks" has been accepted at FGCS journal.
- March 2019: "MGPUSim: Enabling Multi-GPU Performance Modeling and Optimization" has been accepted at ISCA 2019.
- February 2019: Prof. Abellán is promoted to Associate Professor at UCAM.
- January 2019: Prof. Abellán is invited to give a talk at AISTECS@HiPEAC19