Image archiving & educational quality assurance
Welcome to this section on QPath E. Herein we will describe how to use this promising digital image archiving and educational software. This guide will show you how to do complete the following tasks:
- Access QPath E from your AHS desktop computer
- How to select the appropriate exam
- How to document your findings and impression
- How to submit for QA
- How you will receive feedback
Accessing QPath E
QPath E can be accessed from any AHS computer or via VPN. Type "qpath/" into the URL bar. This should automatically take you to the QPath E homepage. If this does not work, try changing the browser. Your login information is your HEALTHY/ AHS computer login.
The default grid list should show up, revealing all of the current clinical exams. The clinical exams shown should be ones done within your clinical department (eg. Department of Critical Care Medicine)
You can locate a specific operator or patient in the "Search" bar.
Once you have highlighted the exam you have performed, select "Edit" from the above toolbar. A dialogue box will arrive on screen right. Within this dialogue box you can select:
- The "exam type": all exams in the ICU are labelled as such "ICU cardiac exam, ICU thorax exam, etc".
- The operator or exam performer can also be selected by pressing on the green cross and searching for your name. You will only be able to comment on exams where you are included as an operator.
Finally, note that exam editing can also be done within the exam itself after double clicking on the correct profile.
Once you have double clicked on the profile, the website will bring you into the main page. The panes are broken down in the following way:
- The left most pane/ section shows the images. This can be viewed 1x1 or 4x4 or even expanded to cover the entire screen.
- The middle pane/section shows the exam worksheet you have selected.
- The right most pane/ section shows the educational quality assurance form, which will be completed by an expert reviewer and only viewable by the operator of that exam.
How to submit for educational quality assurance
Once you have completed the worksheet, press "submit for QA". This button is at the top, highlighted in image left in red. You may have have to click the small arrow on the top bar to expand the possible buttons. You can only submit for QA if you are an assigned exam operator, as shown above.
You will be promped to submit your exam to a specific reviewer. In the Dept of CCM or while on a ultrasound rotation this will include Dr Brian Buchanan or Dr. Aws Alherbish. If you are in another department, please ask your program director who your delegated reviewer is.
educational quality assurance feedback
Once your exam has been submitted for educational QA it will be reviewed. You will receive a notice via email when this process is completed. You can check back on QPath E for a notification. The image on screen left shows the QA form which will document quality of acquisition and interpretation. You will only be able to see educational QA forms on exams you specifically have documented.
You can filter out specific exams, by left clicking the 3 small dots to the right of the text in each column. Under "filter" you can choose the appropriate term including "ICU cardiac" as an example.