In this section we will highlight several ultrasound-guided procedures that are vital to care of the critically ill. Our goal is not to supplant existing training videos, like those provided by New England Journal of Medicine, but to enhance the understanding of the cognitive and psychomotor ultrasound skill set surrounding such procedures.
We will highlight the following procedures:
- u/s-guided central venous access
- u/s-guided arterial line access
- u/s-guided peripheral venous access
- Thoracentesis and pigtail insertion
- Paracentesis and pigtail insertion
This portion of the site will continue to develop, stay tuned!