Respond to each statement by inserting an emoji to show your reaction. Move to the next Chromebook and respond to the statement at the sound of the buzzer.
What is a stereotype?
Reflective Response: What do you mean when you say someone does something "like a girl"?
Respond here: https://goo.gl/G6htqN
- How did this ad make you feel? Why?
- Why did the girls' perception of themselves change after 12 years old?
- How is this campaign encouraging inclusion, not division?
- How does this campaign use interviews to present their message?
- How do the two videos relate?
- Are stereotypes true? Why?
- How does society (pop culture) encourage stereotypes?
- Who taught you about stereotypes?
- Can stereotypes hurt people?
Discuss Adichie's quotation. Are stereotypes untrue or incomplete? Why is it important for everybody to have a "story"?