- Press the message button, and enter the default PIN (12345) and press #.
- Follow the operator instructions, pressing # for confirmations.
- You will be prompted to add your name to the directory by simply speaking it into the phone, then pressing #.
- You will be prompted to add an outgoing message; though feel free to leave the default message for now.
- Finally you will be instructed to create a new PIN. The only requirements is that the PIN be at least 3-digits.
- Pick up and replace the handset to end the process.
Sample outgoing message:
You have reached the desk of [your name]. I am unavailable at the moment. Please leave your name and phone number, I will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you.
You have reached the office of [office/supervisor you represent]. They are unavailable at the moment. Please leave your name and phone number and your call will be returned as soon as possible. Thank you.