Friday, February 15, 2019
Hoop-A-Thon is a student-driven annual fundraiser that encourages teamwork, healthy living, and most of all, school spirit.
On Friday, February 15, 2019, students will showcase their athletic skills, self-confidence, and school spirit by dribbling, running, and shooting baskets in the Turning Point gymnasium.
Family and friends encourage their efforts with pledges, which support Turning Point's athletics department and garden/Dirt-to-Dish programs. In addition, we will once again raise funds to enhance and improve the student experience at Weemes Elementary School, including our mentoring program, where Grade 8 students travel to Weemes to tutor and mentor younger elementary students.
Make a pledge
- Support a Student by making a pledge in his or her honor. Spread the word to your family and friends by sharing this page via social media or email; anyone can support a student! (Suggested amount $50)
- Sponsor a Teacher T-Shirt: Help us provide t-shirts to our teachers and staff on the day of the event. ($20 per shirt)
- Enter the Parent Shoot-Out (parents will be able to shoot after their child's class). The top male and female scorers will have their names etched onto our championship trophy! ($20 to participate)
- Honor Dr. Konigsberg as she shoots for the stars in the Head of School Challenge! ($25)
Purchase Raffle Tickets for a VIP Lakers Experience
One lucky winner will get four front row center seats in Row 1, Section 101 (seats 1-4) of the Lakers vs. Nets game at the Staples Center, on 3/22/2019 at 7:30 pm! VIP parking is also included.
Raffle tickets are $100 each and only 150 total will be sold. All proceeds benefit Turning Point School (a special thank you to the Oseary family for donating the tickets).
Limit 5 raffle tickets per family. Winner does not need to be present at the Hoop-A-Thon to claim prize.
Parents are welcome to join us in the gym to cheer on their children as they show off their skills and self-confidence. Students can be nervous dribbling, running, and shooting in front of a crowd, and it means the world to them to receive encouragement and see smiling, familiar faces in the stands. Parents of students in Levels K-8 are also invited to join their children for lunch. In-N-Out orders for parents will be available on the day of the event for $12.00.
- Ms. Britton's Class (Primary): 8:45-9:15
- Ms. Mullen's Class (Primary): 9:15-9:50
- Ms. Reynolds' Class (Primary): 9:50-10:20
- Kindergarten: 10:20 -11:00 | Lunch at 11:30
- Grade 1: 11:00-11:35 | Lunch at noon
- Grade 2: 11:35-12:15 | Lunch at 12:45
- Grade 3: 12:15-12:45 | Lunch at 11:00
- Grade 4: 12:45-1:20 | Lunch at 11:45
- Grade 5: 1:20-1:55 | Lunch at 12:00
- Grade 6: 2:00-3:10 | Lunch at 12:30
- Grade 7: 2:00-3:10 | Lunch at 1:00
- Grade 8: 2:00-3:10 | Lunch at 1:00
Parents can shoot hoops, too! After each class/grade level is finished shooting, parents will be invited to participate in the Parent Shoot-Out ($20 per parent). The top male and female scorers will have their names etched onto our championship trophy. Secure your spot by signing up when you make a pledge in honor of your child at the link above.
Show off your skills in our Pop-A-Shot challenge ($5 per game). If you're quick and accurate, you could have your name etched onto our Pop-A-Shot Trophy! Purchase Pop-A-Shot tickets the day of the event.
There will be an opportunity to purchase a raffle ticket to win a fabulous VIP experience with a beloved LA sports team! Keep an eye out for details coming in early February.
Reserve your court-side seat by helping out the day of the event! Volunteer opportunities include:
- Be a Parent Rebounder while your child's grade level is shooting
- Run the Pop-A-Shot
- Help deliver lunch from the In-N-Out truck to classrooms
- Help with the Parent Shoot-Out
- Help out at the check-in table
- Pitch in as a floater... mystery fun!
Please note, you are free to leave your volunteer post to watch during your child's class time in the gym!
T-Shirts and Lunch
- T-shirts and lunch are FREE for all students, thanks to our sponsors from Orthohealing Center, Orangetheory Fitness, JAG Gym, and Danceline LA!
- Lunch is from In-N-Out Burger and includes chips and water. Students will have the choice of a hamburger (single or double), cheeseburger (single or double), or grilled cheese. Parents of students in Grades K-8 are invited to join their children for lunch. In-N-Out orders for parents will be available on the day of the event for $12.00.
- In order to honor our pursuit of sustainability, please send your child with a refillable water bottle as there will be no disposable cups available for lunch.
- Homeroom/Advisory teachers will contact parents to confirm t-shirt sizes and lunch orders closer to the event.
- Parents are welcome to purchase t-shirts the day of the event. Or, you can grab your shirt early at our Pop-Up Shop during drop-off (date TBA). T-Shirts for parents are $25 each.
Thank you to our sponsors
Thank you to our incredible and generous Hoop-A-Thon sponsors for underwriting the cost of the t-shirts and lunch, ensuring that all students will be able to enjoy a meaningful experience!
Orangetheory is a science-backed, technology-tracked, coach-inspired group workout designed to produce results from the inside out. We make it simple to push yourself to be your personal best and give you more. Because you shouldn’t live to exercise. You should exercise to live.
Founded in 2004 and located just down the street in Culver City, Jag Gym is proud to be Los Angeles’ premier children’s activity center, offering gymnastics classes for children from 6 months through 18 years, as well as competitive gymnastics teams, amazing parties for any occasion, camps, and more.
WeWork transforms buildings into beautiful, collaborative workspaces. Get the space, community, and services you need to make a life, not just a living.
Ivy Station, the highly-anticipated upcoming Culver City development located at the intersections of Venice, Washington and National Boulevards is expected to become an energetic center of life for residents and visitors alike.
LA'S premier westside dance studio offering adult dance fitness, adult dance technique, a training program, and a full youth program.
2019 hoop-a-thon committee
Tamir Nadborny (Chair), Ben Cornwell, Jennifer Dugan, Alan Gagnon, Mindy Nyby, and Francine Zoog