MRS. KHALAF'S CLASSES
WELCOME TO THE 2018/2019 SCHOOL YEAR!
SCROLL DOWN for the Edison Preparatory Middle School Orchestra Calendar of Events for the 2018-2019 School Year. Please put these events in your family calendar now. If you work outside of school - please especially ask off for the evenings of December 11, 2018 - and May 7, 2019.
To communicate through the app called “Remind,” simply text to 81010:
4th Hour - @4thhourorch
5th Hour - @5thhourorch
6th Hour - @6thhourorch
7th Hour - @7thhouror
- You are invited to attend the Edison HS String Booster meetings, which all take place in the Orchestra room (126 MS) at 7:00 pm on a Tuesday: August 28, 2018 - September 25, 2018 - October 30, 2018 - November 27, 2018 December - no meeting - January 22, 2019 - February 26, 2019 - March 26, 2019
April 23, 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Please add my email address to your contact list so that it does get flagged as “spam.” My email address is Rowlajo@tulsaschools.org.
- Updates will also be posted on this website throughout the year.
- Concert Attire for concerts includes black dress shoes. We wear all black clothing from head-to-toe. Please be prepared for our first public performance.
- Orchestra students must keep their fingernails cut short. Long, fake nails may be a status symbol for some young ladies, but they are forbidden in the orchestra room.
- Students in Advanced Orchestra may be asked to perform for special events throughout the entire year.
- Private lessons are encouraged. A list of teachers with availability will be given out on Back to School Night, or via email.
- Although Edison does have violins, violas, cellos, and basses available for students to use free of charge, if a student has the means to rent/purchase their own they are encouraged to do so. A list of vendors will also be available on Back to School Night and also on this website.
I hope that everyone had a wonderful summer and I am looking forward to what we are going to accomplish this year!
Jocelyn Rowland Khalaf
Edison MS Preparatory Orchestra 2018-2019 Calendar of Events:
Event: Date: Time: Location:
Metro Honor Orchestra Audition (Orchestra 2 and 3) October TBD After school BTW?? Here??
MHO Rehearsal November 5 6:00 - 8:30 pm TCC SE Campus
MHO Rehearsal November 12 6:00 - 8:30 pm TCC SE Campus
MHO Rehearsal & Concert November 13 ALL DAY TCC SE Campus
Winter 6-12 Orchestra Concert December 11 7:00 pm Auditorium
OSSAA Spring Contest (Orchestra 3) March 7th 2019 ALL DAY Bartlesville, OK
District Solo & Ensemble (Orchestra 2 and 3) February 16th 2019 Times Vary Jenks MS
TPS All City Festival 6th - 12th Grades TBD ALL DAY (during school) Rogers HS??
Spring 6-12 Orchestra Concert May 7 7:00 pm Auditorium
Heartland Music Festival Orchestra Contest A Saturday in April or May TBD ALL DAY Frontier City or Silver Dollar City
Star Spangled Banner Performances Various TBD TBD
ROCK ORCHESTRA :
Rock Orchestra is open to any student 6th - 12th grade vocalist/instrumentalist who wants to play rock music. Each member, however, has to audition and be accepted. ERO will have a set weekly practice schedule before and after school. More info coming soon!
String Orchestra Resources
Saied Music Midtown Tulsa. 3259 S. Yale Ave Tulsa, Ok 74135
Contact: Rob Reck
TULSA STRINGS VIOLIN SHOP
4631 E 31st St, Tulsa, OK 74135
5433 S Mingo Rd, Tulsa, OK 74146
Tulsa Violin Shop
220 N Main St, Tulsa, OK 74103
2017/2018 School Year
HEARTLAND MUSIC FESTIVAL/FRONTIER CITY WAS A SUCCESS!!
Orchestra got a SWEEPSTAKES TROPHY, Rock Orchestra got an EXCELLENT TROPHY, and Choir got an EXCELLENT TROPHY!
WAY TO GO!!