68th Midwest Theory Day
Dates: April 12-13, 2018
The 68th Midwest Theory Day will bring together researchers interested in Theoretical Computer Science, from across the Midwest area. A detailed schedule of the workshop will be posted here soon. The event will begin at noon on April 12 and end in (late) afternoon on April 13.
- Allan Borodin, University of Toronto
- Anupam Gupta, Carnegie Mellon University
- Sanjeev Khanna, University of Pennsylvania
- Huck Bennett, Northwestern University
- Michael Forbes, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Sepideh Mahabadi, Columbia University (-> TTIC)
- Viswanath Nagarajan, University of Michigan
- Tasos Sidiropoulos, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Grigory Yaroslavtsev, Indiana University
The program for the workshop is now available here.
Accommodation & Registration
- The closest hotels to TTIC are the Hyatt and La Quinta Inn
- We can provide accommodation for a limited number of students for the night of April 12. Students interested in applying for it can select the appropriate option in the registration form. Please register before Tuesday, March 27 if you plan to apply for student accommodation. Preference will be given to students presenting at the workshop (please fill out the registration form even if you already submitted an abstract).
- Registration for the event is free but required. Please fill out the registration form before March 31 to help us plan the logistics.
Directions & Parking
Address: 6045 S. Kenwood Ave., Chicago, IL 60637. Talks will be on the the 5th floor. Free street parking is available on Dorchester avenue, 60th and 61st streets. Parking permits for the Chapin Hall parking lot (6032 S Kenwood) will be available at the front desk downstairs.
The Hyatt in Hyde Park provides a shuttle to campus. You can also get to TTIC from Chicago downtown by public transportation:
- Metra Rail trains from downtown to U. of Chicago campus. You need 59th St. or 55th–57th St. stations (not all trains stop at 59th St.)
- Buses: #2 (60th St. and Dorchester stop), #6 and X28 (60th St. and Stony Island). Maps and schedules can be found on the CTA web site.
Organizers: Anindya De (Northwestern University), Madhur Tulsiani (TTIC), Aravindan Vijayaraghavan (Northwestern University).