8TH GRADE INFORMATION
8TH GRADE RECOGNITION PROGRAM
MONDAY, May 22ND 11:00am
Requirements for participation:
· You must be passing the 8th grade (no more than one F)
· All fees paid (previous year fees, band, library, lost/damaged textbook, and cafeteria) by May 16th.
· All textbooks turned in by May 15th.
o Sunday-appropriate solid white or off-white dresses or skirt set
o Neckline must be above the bust.
o Length must be 2“ above the knee or longer.
o Solid material of dress must cover from above the bust to 2” above the knee. Lace overlay or other transparent material does not count in the length.
o Absolutely no strapless dresses, or spaghetti straps;
a white sweater may be worn over strapless dresses or dresses with spaghetti straps. Straps must be 1 ½ wide or wider. Dresses with lace or transparent tops must have 1 ½ inch or wider straps.
o Appropriate shoes that you can walk in; no flip flops or boots.
o White button-up shirt; no lines or designs
o Tie or bowtie
o Dress pants: khaki, navy, or black (Not Joggers)
o Belt: black, brown, or navy blue
o Appropriate dress shoes – no tennis shoes or boots.
o No jackets, vests, suspenders, or hats
· THURSDAY, May 18th
· Be here by 2:00
· This is mandatory! You must be here.
May 22nd Program at 11:00
· Come to school dressed and ready for the program. If you are not dressed properly, you will not participate.
· Arrive here by 10:00
· Go to the cafeteria
All Fees must be paid by May 16th!