SHARE YOUR MEMORIES
Tigers, we need your help!
As part of the University’s 150th anniversary celebration, Trinity’s Special Collections and University Archives will launch a drive to collect, preserve, and display alumni photos and memories—to document “Trinity as told by Trinity.”
“The history of Trinity University that is captured in the University Archives is frequently one-dimensional, documenting only the official history,” says Special Collections Librarian Colleen Hoelscher. “In honor of the upcoming 150th anniversary of the school’s founding, we strive to involve our alumni in documenting Trinity as they experienced it...providing the University Archives with perspectives on campus history that are not necessarily documented in the official records that we have.”
How to Submit
- Physical photographs should be scanned in color, even if the photograph is in black and white. Scan photographs at a high resolution--between 300 and 600 dpi.
- Digital photographs should be submitted at high resolution or “original size.”
- Mailed photographs should include the above form information. Mailed photographs will not be returned, so make sure you have an extra copy!
How to Submit
- Take a digital photo of your artifact on a solid-colored background (white or black works best).
- Take the photo in a well-lit area, and try not to include your shadow in the image. Additionally, try for enough light that you do not have to use the flash on your camera or smartphone.
- Make sure the entire object is visible within the frame of the photograph; edges of the object should not be cut off by the edge of the photo
- Photographs should be submitted at high resolution or “original size.”