Technology Integration Mission Statement
To prepare students to live and work in a Future Ready global community, Topeka Public Schools believes technology must be integrated into each and every classroom. The district’s technology plan emphasizes the importance of 21st century skills by teaching students to work responsibly in a one-to-one environment. Topeka Public Schools believes WECAN21.
WE CAN 21 Technology Vision
W - Willingness:
- We will demonstrate a willingness to continuously improve our practice and embrace new ideas through a global professional learning network.
E - Engage/Empower:
- We will use a variety of digital tools to engage and empower 21st century learners.
C - Connect:
- We will use one-to-one devices to leverage technology responsibly in a globally connected, personalized learning network.
A - Analyze:
- We will use technology tools to analyze data for real-world problem solving.
N - Navigate:
- We will navigate a selection of digital tools to prepare for an ever-changing society.
21 - 21st Century Skills:
- We will model, teach, and use 21st Century Skills.
Topeka Public Schools is proud to be a Future Ready school district.
Future Ready Schools (FRS) is a bold effort to maximize digital learning opportunities and help school districts move quickly toward preparing students for success in college, a career, and citizenship. FRS provides districts with resources and support to ensure that local technology and digital learning plans align with instructional best practices, are implemented by highly trained teachers, and lead to personalized learning experiences for all students, particularly those from traditionally underserved communities. FRS is led by the Alliance for Excellent Education in collaboration with a vast coalition of organizations.
FRS helps K-12 public, private, and charter school leaders plan and implement personalized, research-based digital learning strategies so all students can achieve their full potential.