Register for pupil path
Family Student Handbook
All 9th graders will receive a copy.
Grade 9 Orientation Information Packet.
Fall 2019 Registration
- Please Bring Pens and Pencils for ALL of your Regents Examinations.
- Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry Regents require a graphing calculator. Please bring one.
- Living Environment, Chemistry, and Earth Science requires a four-function or scientific calculator. Please bring one.
- Physics requires a scientific or graphing calculator, a centimeter ruler, and a protractor. Please bring a calculator.
- The possession or use of any communications device is strictly prohibited when taking a Regents examination. If you have or use any communications device, no matter how briefly, your examination will be invalidated and no score will be calculated for you.
Students with a Parent or Guardian on Active Military Duty in ATS
As a part of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), all schools must identify students with a parent or guardian who is a member of the armed forces on active duty to help understand the best ways to support these students. Based on this requirement, you or a designee must backpack home this form letter or translation to all families. The notice asks families to sign and return the form letter if at least one of the student’s parents or guardians is on active duty in the armed forces. For each student who returns a signed form, you or your designees must use the BIOU screen in ATS to enter ‘M’ in the District C field by June 22.
Note that the DOE is also required to identify high school students with a parent or guardian on active military duty who are eligible for exam alternatives when they enroll in a DOE school. This is a separate process that is unrelated to the ESSA requirement. For more information on this process, review the Guidance for Children of Active Duty Military Personnel.
Guidance on DOE Policy Regarding Scanning in Schools
Last year, the DOE in collaboration with the NYPD School Safety Division (NYPDSSD) released Guidance on the Use of Scanning in NYCDOE public schools. This document provides an overview of scanning, defines the different types of scanning that can be implemented, and the process of being designated a scanning site or having your scanning designation changed.