Encourage Your ELL Students to Join DELLSS’ College, Career and Life Readiness Institute - 3/3 and 4/28
Event Dates: March 3 and April 28, 2018; 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
The Division of English Language Learners and Students Support (DELLSS) in collaboration with various post-secondary entities offering immigrant high school students, including ELLs, an opportunity to participate in the 2018 Thriving Towards College and Career, and Life Readiness Institute: Ownership of your Learning and The Science of Happiness at New York University. The institute is designed to help students to become college and career ready.
This institute will:
- Help students overcome barriers and ensure the successful transition from high school to college, career and life through an introductory summary of the U Thrive program. This approach is based on the work of Dan Lerner and Dr. Alan Schlechter, instructors of The Science of Happiness, the most popular course at New York University, and authors of U Thrive, How to Succeed in College (and Life). To learn more about the book, visit uthrive.info.
- Teach students how to develop routines and mindsets that foster resilience in the face of stress, both in high school and college.
- Promote college aspirations for our students, and give them skills to guide them through a successful transition.
- Cultivate the factors that will help them realize their potential, be their best, and thrive, both in and away from the classroom.
- Share the tools of positive education with parents and faculty to help them play a role in the future thriving of their children and students.
- Make participants aware of the Academic Content Requirement and Planning for College and Career Readiness.
- Provide information necessary to make informed decisions when selecting a college or career that connects to academic preparation and future aspirations.
Share this flyer with your students.
To register click here.
For questions, contact Gilberto Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-784-1781.