Goal: Ensure cats are picked up and delivered at the designated location, date and time
Help Us Make a Difference
Toronto Cat Rescue (TCR) is a volunteer driven organization. The majority of the cats in our program originate from the 3 Toronto Animal Services shelters. Our cats are located in foster homes, at our Volunteer Center facility, at our Recovery Centre, at veterinary clinics in the GTA, or at our retail adoption centres. TCR occasionally support areas surrounding GTA, such as Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Cambridge, Brampton, Hamilton, and Markham.
Drivers are frequently needed to transport cats and supplies such as food and medications within, and across the city, as well as to and from areas outside the city. Requests for drivers are typically sent out by driver coordinators, intake coordinators, and operations managers in advance of any scheduled appointments and as needed. Volunteer drivers are critical to bringing rescued cats to a safe, secure, and caring environment, thereby a vital part of the Toronto Cat Rescue operations.
- Transport cats to and from retail stores, shelters, TCR locations, and foster homes
- Transport cats to and from their scheduled veterinary appointments
- Accompanying the cat at the appointment may be needed
- Transport supplies such as food and medications to and from retail stores, shelters, TCR locations, and foster homes
- Connect and communicate with people at pick up and drop off locations to indicate and confirm estimated time of arrival
- Ensure cats are transported between pick-up and drop-off locations on time
- Must be 18 years or older
- Valid driver’s licence
- Access to emails
- Access to maps and address location tools
- Pet carriers (Optional). TCR can provide carriers when needed
- Customer service experience
- Compassionate, patient, pleasant and positive nature
- Proficiency with sending and receiving emails
- Proficiency with maps and address location tools
- Good communication skills
Training new volunteers takes time. As such, we ask that applicants be available to commit to at least 6 months of their time.