Goal: Ensuring the cats in our retail adoption centres are receiving adequate care at all times by providing a clean cage, food, water, exercise and play time.
Help Us Make a Difference
Toronto Cat Rescue is a mainly volunteer run organization. Most of the cats in our program are located in foster homes or at our retail adoption locations. Store volunteers ensure that cats homed in our partner retail stores are healthy and well looked after.
This role is divided into morning and evening shifts 7 days a week. Volunteers must be able to commit to a set 1 hour shift per week.
Store Volunteer Tasks:
- Setting up cat cages
- Cleaning cat cages
- Feeding and handling cats
- Provide cats with appropriate exercise, mental stimulation, play and positive physical contact.
- Provide affection with petting and grooming
- Communicate with Store Coordinator in case a cat needs medical, or behavioural help
If applying for PetSmart Kennedy Commons:
- Work shifts may be longer than 1 hour
- May be asked to assist with in store adoption events
- Must be 16 years or older
- Comfortable with handling cats
- Access to a car is helpful
- Ability to lift, transport and setup cages when necessary (ability to lift and carry 20 lbs)
- Basic knowledge of cat care
- Dependable and committed (notify store volunteer coordinator if unable to fill your shift)
- Able to deal with litter, clean up, and other “dirty” hands on work
- Able to work independently
Training new volunteers takes time. As such, we ask that applicants be available to commit to at least 6 months of their time.
Apply today and join our outstanding team! Thank you