Goal: Work as part of a team to identify and rescue cats who are in need of TCR’s care and secure placements which meet each cat's needs. Offer advice and alternative solutions in situations where TCR is unable to intake the cat(s).
Change the world...
one cat at a time
Help Us Make a Difference
Intake Coordinators maintain daily contact with Toronto Animal Services (TAS) and organizes the intake of cats proposed by the shelter.
An important part of the role is understanding the cats medical and behavioural needs and matching them with the best foster homes.
Intake Coordinators ensure that all members of the Intake Team work efficiently to meet the needs of the cats. The Intake team deals with internal moves, the placement of returned cats, TCR's Kitten Support Program and helps with large intakes.
Intake Coordinator Tasks:
- communication with Toronto Animal Services (TAS) and other shelters
- Review and prioritize the intake of cats proposed to TCR and place them in foster homes able to meet their needs
- Arrange the immediate placement of kittens
- Advise the Operations Manager about cats who need medical attention
- Organize the transfer of cats to foster homes
- Liaise with driver coordinator to arrange transportation of the cats
- Ensure Foster Coordinators are notified of transfer to Foster Homes when a transfer is confirmed
- Inform Foster Parents about cats needing foster homes; endeavour to find appropriate foster homes for cats
- Ensure accurate records are kept of all cats transferred into TCR
- Help with large intakes
- Be available for quarterly meetings with Operations Manager to continuously improve the intake process
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have an elementary grasp of spreadsheets
- Have good communication skills, respond to emails in a timely manner
- Able to multitask and work cooperatively with a team
Training new volunteers takes time. As such, we ask that applicants be available to commit to at least 6 months of their time.
Apply today and join our outstanding team! Thank you