Adopt from TNR Utopia
Are you interested in adopting a cat or kitten from TNR Utopia? Fill out our Online Adoption Application to begin the process.
We will review your survey responses and contact you (usually within 48 hours, via email). The next step (for survey's that are accepted) is an invitation to meet the cats / kittens we have available for adoption. During this time we also check vet and personal references. Finally, if the adoption is approved, we deliver the cat(s) to you! If you have any questions you may contact us at any time.
Our Adoption Process
- All potential adopters must complete our online adoption survey which collects information used to ensure a perfect match for both you and any new pet.
- After reviewing each adoption survey you will be contacted by us with next steps which includes further conversations about adopting and to schedule a time for you to come meet the cats/kittens.
- Vet and personal references are contacted.
- Upon agreement to adopt we deliver all cats/kittens to your home.
- We require all adopters to sign our adoption contract.
- There is a $125 adoption fee per cat or kitten.
• All currently-owned and/or recently-owned cats must be spayed/neutered.
• Declawing of ANY adopted animals is strictly prohibited. Please read more about what declawing a cat entails; it is a painful surgical procedure that has been outlawed as animal cruelty in many other countries. If you wish to declaw a cat we ask that you go elsewhere to adopt.
• If you still live with your parent/legal guardian, he or she must fill out this adoption survey.
• This is not a one-step process. We want to make sure the adoption is a great match for everyone involved.
Included in our $125 adoption fee:
- Spay/ Neuter (including belly tattoo)
- Rabies vaccine (age permitting)
- Cat (FVRCP) vaccines
- SNAP test for Feline leukemia virus (FeLV) / Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV)
- Medical documentation of all performed procedures.
Optional Services [if adopting BEFORE spay/neuter]
- Microchip - $20