Our curriculum at Gislingham has been developed to be broad, balanced and relevant; one that inspires children to learn and achieve ambitious targets. It supports the fundamental British values and teaches pupils tolerance and respect. We firmly believe that our curriculum provides an excellent foundation for our pupils to develop as individuals and fulfil their potential. Our vision and aims, along with our Framework For Independence, are at the core of everything we do and underpin our teaching and learning.
At Gislingham, we want our children to experience:
- a curriculum that is progressive and built on prior knowledge
- the practice of skills to become embedded, feeling secure before learning is moved on
- the love for learning and the risk involved to ensure perseverence, resilience and confidence when tackling and extending their own learning independently
- the opportunity to aim high and aspire to be the best they can possibly be, reaching their full potential
- challenge in their learning opportunities on a daily basis
- a curriculum that is focused on healthy minds and bodies ensuring the importance of wellbeing
- a curriculum that develops the use of pupil voice to improve school performance and the accountablility of learners
- spiritual, moral, social and cultural learning as a thread that runs through everything we do
Our curriculum intent is implemented throughout all subjects and curriculum activities ensuring a broad and balanced learning experience is provided for every child at Gislingham. Our teachers strive to deliver topics that enthuse and engage pupils. We want our pupils to look forward to coming to school everyday and to go home telling of their experiences and learning.
Clear strategic planning allows the curriculum to be unique, adapting to our school and our children’s needs. Having high expectations in all areas enables the best possible outcomes and learning journey. Our whole school team approach strengthens our ethos and vision as we work together to reflect upon our curriculum and share outcomes driving forward next steps.