This astrology application calculates true daily/nightly time intervals from sunrise/sunset and helps you keep track of planetary (star) hours. It is meant for making best use of time, and also understanding self, environment and relations in real time as well as in general.
Click here to visit app page in the Google Play Store
- Daily Planetary Schedule
- On-the-fly location/date-time/user switching
- Firdaria (calculates important breakpoints and milestones in one's life)
- Moon Data (age, phase, illumination, distance and Hijri day)
- Congruence meter (calculates mood)
- Attributes / Fingerprint (association of current time with traits, professions, zodiac signs, elements, colors, mind-body-spirit, modality, hemispheres, quadrants, tarot, divine names, etc.)
- Attributes comparison & Compatibility meter
- Biorhythm Cycles
- Configurable notifications
- This app needs to know your location to function. You can either enable geolocation in your device settings or enter your location manually. To enter your location manually, you will need internet access for address to coordinates translation. Please note that if you choose to go with manual location, you will need to change your location each time you move to a different city.
- After you run the app for the first time, app will begin to show a notification with an icon in your status bar indicating current planetary hour. Icon will be tagged with a mark or task symbol if that time is either marked or has a task associated with it. Clicking on the notification will take you to the task viewer if you have active tasks or to application otherwise. These notifications are also vocal by default. You can change this and various other behaviour in settings tab inside application.
- Tasks let you create planetary objectives that you may want to remember. You can associate your periodic or one-time work with a planet and watch for its arrival to do it for achieving maximum performance.
- Alerts let you create alarm-like audible reminders. They can be set relative to any time, for any day.
- Marks let you tag specific day/hour combinations for emphasis. First symbol is for day, second one is for hour. Symbols for planets (Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon) are ♄, ♃, ♂, ☉, ♀, ☿, ☽ respectively. Day rulers are marked by default. You might also want to mark your birth time.
- It is a good idea to use marks for always recurring, general and important events, tasks for specific and detailed jobs, and alerts for one-off, must-do works. Or you can set alerts for marks and/or tasks. Additionally, there is a setting for auto creating alerts for marks you add.
Feature Spotlight: Daily Planetary Schedule (default tab)
Here you see the order of planet rulerships and their associated time intervals for the selected day. First planet in the sequence is always the day ruler and has some importance throughout the day (24 hour period). Scrolled and highlighted entry is the current planetary hour. If you have marked day/hour combinations, they will also be slightly highlighted (in white).
Touching an entry in the list will display the general effects of the selected planet. Specific information about current time can be obtained in the attributes (fingerprint) tab.
Feature Spotlight: Attributes (Fingerprint)
You can use this feature for:
- Examining someone in general: Choose user on app header, press circular button, enable personalize and natal only options. You could also achieve this by setting date/location on app header to user's natal (instead of enabling natal only).
- Examining someone at a particular moment: Set date/location and choose user on app header, press circular button, enable personalize and disable natal only options.
- Comparing people in general: Choose first user on app header, press circular button, enable personalize, compare with and natal only options.
- Comparing people at a particular moment: Set date/location and choose first user on app header, press circular button, enable personalize, compare with and disable natal only option.
- Examining current environment: Disable personalize
- You can enable Highlight Changes option to show a sticky natal only bar (in grey).
- You can enable Relative View option for app to display a percent based scale instead of an absolute one.
- You can enable Hide Average Values option for app to hide attributes that fall between 40-60 points range.
- You can enable Sort Alphabetically option if you prefer to see attributes in a fixed order. The default ordering is sort by value (descending).
- You can enable Always Show Descriptions option if you prefer to see descriptions of attributes without the need of clicking.
Each section offers a unique way of examining how things are. Calculated values are derived from ruling planets, moon phase, sun sign, moon sign, time of day, firdaria, location and person's gender.
Sections can be divided into two main groups:
- Sections with a varying set of qualities: Traits, Professions, Divine Names.
- Sections with a fixed set of qualities (symbols): Everything else. Qualities under these sections together make up a system, each quality representing a vital and clearly defined role which others in the same section don't share.
Note that Traits and Professions sections' qualities are individually calculated and thus much more prone to calculation errors. If you notice a problem with a certain attribute, please report. Additionally, attributes unders Professions are really broad; one needs to take all possible sub-branches when evaluating these. For example, one with high Medicine score would make a good nurse, but for being a good doctor, (s)he would perhaps need an above average Higher Education score as well.
Attribute Bars (Indicators)
All attributes are shown in a descending order of value for each section. Attribute bars get lighter as values go down and vice versa.
Here you see squares that are linked to certain attributes, indicating their strengths. Because there is no predetermined set of total points, some people may have higher or lower scores in almost all areas. While people with higher points are under more pressure and stress, but also more careful and aiming for the better; people with lower points are more confident and easily satisfied, but also careless and neglectful. The former have trouble with finding their own center of gravity, thus deciding what they really want; while the latter have trouble with hearing others out and following or cooperating with them. Of course this applies when Relative View option is disabled.
Three filled squares mean an average and expected value. So any attribute with less than two full squares is below average, and any other with more than three full squares is above average. We don't fully appreciate and understand the importance of characteristics which are below average. Again so, we put relatively more value to characteristics which are above average. An attribute with more filled squares mean higher potential in that area, but also bears a higher risk of distortion and imbalance. And when a particular attribute is empty or full, we inevitably run into its deficiency or its excess in every part of our lives. But in order to come to a full conclusion, we need to compare every attribute in the same section with each other.
Additionally, all sections should be examined independently and in their context. Sometimes there might be an attribute very similar to another in a different section, with a different value. This doesn't show the system contradicts itself, but it merely shows a variety in two different sides of a more general thing. For example, 'family' attribute in the first section specifically refers to relations with the family; whereas fourth zodiac house also indicates introvertness and keeping things to ourselves.
Finally, take into account that some sections have less varying values. For example, modality and mind-body-spirit sections usually don't deviate much from average value. Therefore, we need to be extra careful about tiny details when interpreting these.
This is a feature intended for advanced users who want to keep an eye on certain attributes. Please note that there is already an option in app settings to notify important changes in attributes (if there are any). For the majority of users this will suffice.*
Touching on an attribute will display an eye symbol reading on or off, indicating if that particular attribute is currently being tracked or not. Touching on the symbol will toggle tracking for that specific attribute.
If you enable tracking for an attribute, you will start getting notifications on planetary hour changes. The frequency of these notifications can be adjusted by setting the attribute tracking level (sensitivity) in app settings.
Varied keyword indicates the attribute has changed significantly compared to user's natal value and caused a clear change in some area of user's life. Dramatic means attribute is out of bounds and needs attention. Also keep in mind that, for the automatic notifications (either Varied or Dramatic), icons always indicate the change relative to user's natal; for manually tracked attributes though, it indicates the change relative to the previous planetary hour.
* Due to their abundance, divine names are not being tracked by default to prevent a spammy notification bar. If you need to track these, you will need to enable tracking for each.
When you compare people, a compatibility bar will appear. If natal only option is enabled, this will simply indicate if these people can get along without much effort in general. However, note that a low compatibility score doesn't necessarily mean a relationship won't ever work. It only means it will be harder to keep and hold on to such a relationship. In that case, both sides will have to compensate and give up some of their expectations.
When natal only option is disabled, compatibility also depends on both subjects' congruence values at chosen time/place. Therefore, this value should be interpreted as how beneficial chosen time/place for these people to spend time together. If you wish to compare people in general instead, natal only option should be enabled.
Compatibility value applies to all relationship types. However, lower values between family members or co-workers would probably be tolerated or accepted more easily.
Feature Spotlight: Congruence (Mood)
Congruence bar (footer) shows how easy it is to be peaceful at the current time for the selected user. High congruence indicates more willingness and ability to accept current surroundings and available conditions, less frustration dealing with mundane matters and more eagerness for satisfaction. Low congruence on the other hand, makes everything harder than it actually is.
Congruence is as high as the difference in strength between higher and lower ends of the emerging energy hierarchy after the power struggle between different types of energies becomes resolved. It shows how strongly and unquestionably one energy type takes on a leader role in an individual to form and support her decisions, giving her focus and clarity. As a matter of fact, it is inversely proportional with versatility (or complexity), which begets richness and depth, instead of direction. People with high versatility values have great expectations and are harder to satisfy by nature.
You can check an individual's general congruence value by first selecting her as the current user, and then changing date and location to her natal. Her versatility score would be hundred minus this value (versatility = 100 - congruence).
Feature Spotlight: Biorhythm Cycles
These are PHY, EMO, INT, SPI you see at the top. They measure four pillars of our well-being: physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual. Each following a sine wave on a period of varying days following your birth date. That means, each cycle spans an equal length of time at both higher and lower ends. And that should explain why we don't perform always the same. Then the question is do you know where you are now and where will you be in the next few days? Because if you knew, you could understand what is going on and plan ahead.
Although these cycles are not related to planetary hours directly, they reveal additional important information. They can be considered together with planetary attributes to get a better understanding of the situation.
One important thing to be careful here is the current direction (upwards or downwards) of a cycle and especially the turning point. The turning point is when a cycle begins to ascend or descend. There is a perceivable difference (a relative strength or weakness felt) during the shift (despite the percent value staying the same). If you have biorhythm notifications enabled, you will be notified about these.
Note: Since some other biorhythm calculators use -100% to +100% scale, 0 is their average value; for this app though, to make it consistent with other metrics, 0-100 scale is used and the average value is 50%. Therefore, the plus (+) or the minus (-) seen in notifications indicates either ascension or descension, but not the sign of integer.
Remarks & Troubleshooting
- Dates are in DD-MM-YYYY format.
- Battery savers, memory boosters, task managers and cleanup apps might interfere with the background process of this application.
- If you are using a Huawei or Sony device, you may need to add this app to 'Protected Apps' list for the notifications and alerts to function.
- Assuming provided location is accurate, calculations are very precise. However, note that values are rounded to next minute. So there might be a shift up to thirty seconds in some cases.
- You could make Planetary Times better by taking this survey.
- praytimes.org (for calculating sunrise/sunset)
- Firdaria interpretations from Solar Fire astrology software
- flaticon.com (yannick)
- Google products
- ... (stands for some other person/service/product not mentioned here)