This astrology application calculates true daily/nightly time intervals from sunrise/sunset and helps you keep track of planetary (star) hours. It is meant for making best use of time, and also understanding self, environment and relations in real time as well as in general.
- This app needs to know your location to function. You can either enable geolocation in your device settings or enter your location manually. To enter your location manually, you will need internet access for address to coordinates translation. Don't forget to change your location each time you move to a different city.
- After you run the app for the first time, app will begin to show a notification with an icon in your status bar indicating current planetary hour. Icon will be tagged with a mark or task symbol if that time is either marked or has a task associated with it. Clicking on the notification will take you to the task viewer if you have active tasks or to application otherwise. These notifications are also vocal by default. You can change this and various other behaviour in settings tab inside application.
- There are a total of 8 tabs. These are; settings, daily planetary schedule (default tab), fingerprint/attributes, moon, firdaria, tasks, alerts, marks respectively.
- Tasks let you create planetary objectives that you may want to remember. You can associate your periodic or one-time work with a planet and watch for its arrival to do it for achieving maximum performance.
- Alerts let you create alarm-like audible reminders. They can be set relative to any time, for any day.
- Marks let you tag specific day/hour combinations for emphasis. First symbol is for day, second one is for hour. Symbols for planets (Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon) are ♄, ♃, ♂, ☉, ♀, ☿, ☽ respectively. Day rulers are marked by default. You might also want to mark your birth time.
- It is a good idea to use marks for always recurring, general and important events, tasks for specific and detailed jobs, and alerts for one-off, must-do works. Or you can set alerts for marks and/or tasks. Additionally, there is a setting for auto creating alerts for marks you add.
Feature Spotlight: Daily Planetary Schedule (default tab)
Here you see the order of planet rulerships and their associated time intervals for the selected day. First planet in the sequence is always the day ruler and has some importance throughout the day (24 hour period). Scrolled and highlighted entry is the current planetary hour. If you have marked day/hour combinations, they will also be slightly highlighted (in white).
Touching an entry in the list will display the general effects of the selected planet. Specific information about current time can be obtained in the attributes (fingerprint) tab.
Feature Spotlight: Database Sync
This feature provides autocomplete capability to profile management. It is enabled by default, which means you will get suggestions of other app users and famous people (latter have a badge). Clicking on a suggestion will bring up an invidiual's profile so you can add her to your local database. This feature doesn't let app post your information; it is just for automatic retrieval of others' birth data. If you are not using it, disable it to cut off unnecessary data traffic.
Feature Spotlight: Profile Sharing
You can choose to share your personal birth profile with other users.* That way, anyone creating a new profile will be able to see you as a suggestion. This feature is disabled by default, for in case you want to hide your birth information. Feel free to enable it if you like. When you disable it again, your data is deleted from the server at the first opportunity. Your profile is kept on the server as long as you keep the app on your device. Inactive profiles are deleted automatically after some time. And note that only the default profile is shared. This is for two reasons; a) other people may not like the idea of their data being shared, b) to prevent fake profiles and spam as much as possible.
Last of all, for your profile to be shared, you need to have a valid name; not too long, not too short, with regular letters. After you choose to share your info, it will take less than a minute to appear. App needs to be started after (restart the app if already open) on the target device to display your profile among suggestions on profile management window.
* This doesn't let the app share your current location with other users.
Feature Spotlight: Attributes (Fingerprint)
You can use this feature for:
- Examining someone in general: Choose user on app header, press circular button, enable personalize and natal only options. You could also achieve this by setting date/location on app header to user's natal (instead of enabling natal only).
- Examining someone at a particular moment: Set date/location and choose user on app header, press circular button, enable personalize and disable natal only options.
- Comparing people in general: Choose first user on app header, press circular button, enable personalize, compare with and natal only options.
- Comparing people at a particular moment: Set date/location and choose first user on app header, press circular button, enable personalize, compare with and disable natal only option.
- Examining current environment: Disable personalize
- You can enable Relative View option for app to display a percent based scale instead of an absolute one. Relative scale is good for checking balance/priority, while absolute is good for checking strength/weakness. Playing with this option will help you get a complete picture of the situation.
- You can enable Hide Average Values option for app to hide attributes that fall between 40-60 points range.
- You can enable Highlight Changes option to show a sticky natal only bar (in grey).
- You can enable Sort Alphabetically option if you prefer to see attributes in a fixed order. The default ordering is sort by value (descending).
- You can enable Always Show Descriptions option if you prefer to see descriptions of attributes without the need of clicking.
Each section offers a unique way of examining how things are. Calculated values are derived from ruling planets, moon phase, sun sign, moon sign, time of day, firdaria, location and person's gender.
Sections can be divided into two main groups:
- Sections with a varying set of qualities: Traits, Professions, Divine Names.
- Sections with a fixed set of qualities (symbols): Everything else. Qualities under these sections together make up a system, each quality representing a vital and clearly defined role which others in the same section don't share.
Notice: Traits and Professions sections' qualities are calculated according to individual formulas and thus much more prone to calculation errors. If you notice a problem with a certain attribute, please report. Additionally, attributes under Professions are really broad; one needs to take all possible sub-branches when evaluating these. For example, one with high Medicine score would make a good nurse, but for being a good doctor, (s)he would perhaps need an above average Higher Education score as well. And please don't take these two sections literally, they may still need some work.
Attribute Bars (Indicators)
All attributes are shown in a descending order of value for each section. Attribute bars get lighter as values go down and vice versa.
Here you see squares that are linked to certain attributes, indicating their strengths. Because there is no predetermined set of total points, some people may have higher or lower scores in almost all areas. While people with higher points are under more pressure and stress, but also more careful and aiming for the better; people with lower points are more confident and easily satisfied, but also careless and neglectful. The former have trouble with finding their own center of gravity, thus deciding what they really want; while the latter have trouble with hearing others out and following or cooperating with them. Of course this applies when Relative View option is disabled.
Three filled squares mean an average and expected value. So any attribute with less than two full squares is below average, and any other with more than three full squares is above average. We don't fully appreciate and understand the importance of characteristics which are below average. Again so, we put relatively more value to characteristics which are above average. An attribute with more filled squares mean higher potential in that area, but also bears a higher risk of distortion and imbalance. And when a particular attribute is empty or full, we inevitably run into its deficiency or its excess in every part of our lives. But in order to come to a full conclusion, we need to compare every attribute in the same section with each other.
Additionally, all sections should be examined independently and in their context. Sometimes there might be an attribute very similar to another in a different section, with a different value. This doesn't show the system contradicts itself, but it merely shows a variety in two different sides of a more general thing. For example, 'family' attribute in the first section specifically refers to relations with the family; whereas fourth zodiac house also indicates introvertness and keeping things to ourselves.
Finally, take into account that some sections have less varying values. For example, when examined in relative view, modality, primal energies and mind-body-spirit sections usually don't deviate much from average value. Therefore, we need to be extra careful about tiny details when interpreting these.
This is a feature intended for advanced users who want to keep an eye on certain attributes. Please note that there is already an option in app settings to notify important changes in attributes (if there are any). For the majority of users this will suffice.*
Touching on an attribute will display an eye symbol reading on or off, indicating if that particular attribute is currently being tracked or not. Touching on the symbol will toggle tracking for that specific attribute.
If you enable tracking for an attribute, you will start getting notifications on planetary hour changes. The frequency of these notifications can be adjusted by setting the attribute tracking level (sensitivity) in app settings.
Varied keyword indicates the attribute has changed significantly compared to user's natal value and caused a clear change in some area of user's life. Dramatic means attribute is out of bounds and needs attention. Sometimes both conditions are true and in that case only Varied is shown. In either case, specified attribute is much higher or lower than what you are used to in general. When there are many attributes like that (in which case you get a spammy notification bar), you might feel out of balance or not like your regular self. Also keep in mind that, for the automatic attribute tracking (either Varied or Dramatic), icons and info always indicate the change relative to user's natal; for manually tracked attributes though, it indicates the change relative to the previous planetary hour.
* Due to their abundance, divine names are not being tracked by default to prevent a spammy notification bar. If you need to track these, you will need to enable tracking for each.
When you compare people, a compatibility bar will appear. If natal only option is enabled, this will simply indicate if these people can get along without much effort in general. However, note that a low compatibility score doesn't necessarily mean a relationship won't ever work. It only means it will be harder to keep and hold on to such a relationship. In that case, both sides will have to compensate and give up some of their expectations.
When Natal Only option is disabled, compatibility also depends on both subjects' congruence values at chosen time/place. Therefore, this value should be interpreted as how beneficial chosen time/place for these people to spend time together. If you wish to compare people in general instead, enable Natal Only option.
Compatibility value applies to all relationship types. However, lower values between family members or co-workers would probably be accepted or tolerated more easily due to personal bias.
Divine names are the qualities/acts of God that create and manage the universe. App shows a list of correspondences between the most common divine names and the individual (with personalization enabled) or time/place (without personalization) based on astronumerology. Like all other attributes, strength and priority of a particular name depends on its value. There are three Divine Names sections:
- Assets: These are the names that define the subject; her strengths and weaknesses.
- Biases: These are the names that reflect the biases of the subject and they show her intentions and what she would like to do.
- Duties: These are the the names that indicate the responsibilities, honors and requirements of the subject. Subject is likely to play role in high-value areas shown here.
Feature Spotlight: Congruence (Mood)
Congruence bar (footer) shows how easy it is to be peaceful and/or self-confident at the current time for the selected user. High congruence indicates more willingness and ability to accept or control current surroundings and available conditions, less frustration dealing with mundane matters and more eagerness for satisfaction. Low congruence on the other hand, makes everything harder than it actually is.
Congruence is as high as the difference in strength between higher and lower ends of the emerging energy hierarchy after the power struggle between different types of energies becomes resolved. It shows how strongly and unquestionably one energy type takes on a leader role in an individual to form and support her decisions, giving her focus and clarity. As a matter of fact, it is inversely proportional with versatility (or complexity), which begets richness and depth, instead of direction. Versatility is the will and ability to deal with different aspects of life. It causes skepticism and brings in multiple angles to view matters of interest and a wide variety of scales to weigh options.
You may notice some people have high congruence values in general. Due to their high natal congruence, these people are likely to find harmony more often than others. On the contrary, some other people may be living more complex lifes than most. You can check an individual's general congruence value by first selecting her as the current user, and then changing current date and location to her natal. Her versatility score would be about hundred minus this value (versatility = 100 - congruence). Nothing goes waste!
Feature Spotlight: Biorhythm Cycles
These are PHY, EMO, INT, SPI you see at the top. They measure four pillars of our well-being: physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual. Each following a sine wave on a period of varying days following your birth date. That means, each cycle spans an equal length of time at both higher and lower ends. And that should explain why we don't perform always the same. Then the question is do you know where you are now and where will you be in the next few days? Because if you knew, you could understand what is going on and plan ahead.
Although these cycles are not related to planetary hours directly, they reveal additional important information. They can be considered together with planetary attributes to get a better understanding of the situation.
One important thing to be careful here is the current direction (upwards or downwards) of a cycle and especially the turning point. The turning point is when a cycle begins to ascend or descend. There is a perceivable difference (a relative strength or weakness felt) during the shift (despite the percent value staying the same). If you have biorhythm notifications enabled, you will be notified about these.
Note: Since some other biorhythm calculators use -100% to +100% scale, 0 is their average value; for this app though, to make it consistent with other metrics, 0-100 scale is used and the average value is 50%. Therefore, the plus (+) or the minus (-) signs seen in notifications or the arrows in app header indicate either ascension or descension, but not the sign of the integer.
Remarks & Troubleshooting
- Dates are in DD/MM/YYYY format.
- To delete a profile, just erase the person's name, then press delete button below.
- When you don't know the time of birth, you should select either "day" or "night" instead of an approximate time. And when you know the birth hour but not the minute, you could experiment with different variations until you get it right. In the latter case, trying out XX:00, XX:30 and XX:59 would more than suffice for the purpose of this application.
- Battery savers, memory boosters, task managers and cleanup apps might interfere with the background process of this application.
- If you are using a Huawei or Sony device, you may need to add this app to 'Protected Apps' list for the notifications and alerts to function.
- Assuming provided location is accurate, calculations are very precise. However, note that values are rounded to next minute. So there might be a shift up to thirty seconds in some cases.
- You could make Planetary Times better by taking this survey.
In The Future
Features below are planned, but they are not promised a date of release:
- Firdaria period translations
- Minor Arcana section for the attributes tab
- Divine name descriptions
- Attribute Data Share/Export
- Human translations to other languages
- Intelligent Event Planner & Scheduler
- Day/Week Overview
- Attributes Analysis & Natal/Hourly/Daily/Weekly Report Generation
- People Finder via compatibility or over specific attributes
- Moon Calendar by Paul Carlisle
- Astro Databank
- Firdaria interpretations from Solar Fire astrology software
- flaticon.com (yannick)
- Google products
- ... (stands for some other person/service/product forgotten to be mentioned)