High School Journalism Day
Please tell your students about the upcoming High School Journalism Day on March 17, 2017 at Fresno City College.
Who can participate?
The conference is open to all high school students in Fresno, Madera, Tulare and Kings counties and is free for all participants.
The high school journalism day will be a day-long conference involving:
1. Workshops in different facets of journalism by practicing journalists & educators.
2. A general session, including a keynote speech by a journalism luminary and recognition of participants.
3. Students from area high schools will participate in these workshops and exercises.
4. Session for journalism instructors
The conference will feature workshops in: News Writing Basics, ABCs of Broadcasting, Storytelling and Social Media, Photography, Fake News, Ethics and Media Literacy, Backpack Journalism, How to Make Money in Journalism, Best Practices in Multimedia Reporting and Radio.
A luncheon will conclude the conference day.
Here are the ways your high school students can benefit from the conference
- A refocusing on the importance of journalistic writing and media literacy.
- Rare chance to meet with professional journalists, college professors and students.
- Opportunity to have their work critiqued by experts in the field.
- Validation of their dreams.