Graduation information: Graduation will be held on June 3rd, 2017 at 11:00 am at the Botanical Gardens in Kernersville.
Students will receive 6 tickets each. Additional tickets can be purchased for $25 each due Feb 28. THERE ARE NO MORE TICKETS AVAILABLE!
Senior Fee: $80.00 due Feb 28, 2017 (plus the number and fee for additional tickets)
NHS Seniors. The NCLA will purchase the NHS honor cords. You can choose to purchase one from us for $15 to keep, or check one out for the day of graduation for free. It must be returned in the same shape it was checked out.
Seniors! Please check The NCLA school calendar for practice dates and times.
SENIORS! We still want you to submit your scholarship award letters and totals to Mrs. Wood to tally for graduation.
College application deadlines are mostly past.
- Visit the colleges you are applying to whenever possible. You want to find the best fit for you.
- Decide how you are going to apply to each college. The college website, CFNC, Common Application, Coalition for Access, Affordability and Success.
- Make sure you know your deadlines. Stay organized. Keep all your college application, scholarship information and financial aid information in one place.
- Make sure you send your test scores directly to the colleges through SAT and ACT websites.
- Don't forget to submit each application fee.
- For community college students, make sure you sign up to take the placements tests. Community colleges may have application deadlines for specific departments. Make sure you submit your application in time.
- Letters of recommendations from teachers and the counselor must be requested in a timely manner. Ask them first if they are willing, then provide them with your high school resume, a stamped addressed envelope is nice to give and provide at least 5-10days for them to complete your letters.
- It's OK for teachers and others not to allow you to read the recommendations. Do not be offended by this, but choose your recommenders wisely.
Any senior who has been accepted to college, please submit a copy of your acceptance letter to Mrs. Wood.
College Acceptances / Enlistments
Congratulations seniors. You are on your way to greatness!
Abby Warren - UNC Charlotte, UNC Wilmington
Alexander Follo - Guilford Tech Community College
Anthony Cespedes - NC Central University
Austin Albright - UNC Charlotte, Western Carolina University, East Carolina University
Brenna Boozer - Harding University, UNC Greensboro
Brandon Dixon – US Marine Corps
Brandon Shanks - UNC Charlotte, East Carolina University
Brant Lohr – US Marine Corps
Jacquelyne Burkhart - Guilford Tech Community College
Cassidy Pulliam - Wingate University, UNC Greensboro, Western Carolina University, UNC Wilmington
Caylee Flippen - Wingate University, Appalachian State, High Point University, UNC Charlotte, NC State University
Erin Wallace - Johnson University
Esther Lee – University of the Sciences, NC State University
Hunter Bowman - UNC Charlotte, Appalachian State, NC State University
Jonte Johnson - Lees McRae College
Jordan Bishop - High Point University, UNC Greensboro, UNC Wilmington, UNC Charlotte
Kezia Heath - Forsyth Tech Community College
Kyla Smith - East Carolina University, East Tennessee State University, Appalachian State, UNC Wilmington
Landon Fowlkes - Wingate University, East Tennessee State University, East Carolina University
Lauren Deason - Florida Gulf Coast University, Lees McRae College
Lauren McGee - Mars Hill University, Lees McRae College
Liston Kidd - UNC Greensboro
Lydia Stoops - Guilford Tech Community College
Maddie Heath - Fayetteville State University, Methodist University, Guilford College, Appalachian State
Natalie Kristof - Clemson University, Wingate University, Western Carolina University-The Honors College, Appalachian State, Virginia Tech University
Seth Brannan - Oregon State University
Victoria Ammirati - Leon's Beauty School
Zachary Ellis – USMA West Point