The TIW Router
Order picking refers to an operation in which items are retrieved from their storage locations to fulfil customer orders. Order picking has also been identified as a major activity within a warehouse and it consumes about 55% of total warehouse operating costs.
Pickers spend about 55% to 70% of time travelling during order picking.
There are a number of order picking systems currently used in warehouses. Generally, the methods are classified following
- who picks the orders (humans or machines) and
- who moves (picker or products).
Whichever the method, there needs to be an efficient way to optimise order picking to reduce picker travel time across a warehouse.
The TIW Router was designed for that.
An efficient pick path is an easy win
What can the TIW Router do?
- Produce an efficient picking path for a very large number of orders across a very large number of aisles for a decent number of cross-aisles
- Dynamically re-generate efficient picking paths as orders are received
- Start a pick anywhere
- End a pick anywhere
How the TIW Router benefits you
- Pickers walk through the shortest route (save time)
- Intelligently route from the picker's current location (save even more time)
- Higher order picks per unit time (more productive)
If you want to reap the benefits of an easy win, do reach out for a chat at email@example.com