There are a number of routing strategies used in warehouses. The routing strategy determines the sequence in which the pick locations are visited and the efficiency of a routing strategy depends on the order profile, the storage strategy and the layout of the warehouse.
When routing strategies are coupled with batching strategies, this reduces the total picking time required to collect the requested items resulting in significant savings of labour cost and in a reduction of the customer order’s delivery lead time. Order batching has been proven to be pivotal for the efficiency of order picking operations.
Walking from one location to the next accounts for 60% of a picker’s time
What can the IRIS BatchRouter do?
- Intelligently combines orders from multiple customers
- Produce an efficient picking path for a very large number of orders across a very large number of aisles for a decent number of cross-aisles
- Dynamically re-generate efficient picking paths as orders are received
- Start a pick anywhere
- End a pick anywhere
How the IRIS BatchRouter benefits you
- Pickers walk through the shortest route (save time)
- Intelligently route from the picker's current location (save even more time)
- Higher order picks per unit time (more productive)
If you want to reap the benefits of an easy win, do reach out for a chat at email@example.com