New School Building
30 Hours funding - Nursery Parents
We have just been informed (15/9/17) that parents of nursery children may be able to access some funded hours at alternative nursery provisions during the exceptional closure of our school from Monday 9th October to Friday 20th October (the two additional weeks prior to our one week half term).
If this is something that would be of interest, or helpful, to you, please contact the Starting Life Well team (Salford City Council) on 0161 778 0384, option 3 as soon as possible to discuss your options.
Notice of Proposal for the Enlargement of The Deans Community Primary School.
Notice is given in accordance with section 19 of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 that Salford City Council intends to make a prescribed alteration to The Deans Community Primary School, Vicarage Road, off Partington lane, Swinton, M27 0WA with effect from
1 September 2017.
Salford City Council is proposing to:
(a) Increase the planned admission number of The Deans Community Primary School (increase the capacity of the school by 210 pupils) by establishing a new 2 Form Entry building (420 place and 30 place Nursery) on the former St Ambrose Barlow Roman Catholic High School Playing Field and Sports Hall site on Stanwell Road, Swinton.
(b) Increase the number of admission by 30 pupils per year group as from 1 September 2017.
The current permanent planned admission number of The Deans Community Primary School is 210 pupils (with a determined admission number of 30). The current number of pupils registered at The Deans Community Primary School is 238 (PLASC Data January 2017).
Under the proposal, as from 1 September 2017, the net capacity of the school will increase to 420 pupils (with a proposed admission number of 60 in the relevant age group in the year the proposal is implemented) with nursery provision for 30 pupils (FTE).
The proposal is to increase The Deans Community Primary school from a 1 Form Entry (210 places) to a 2 Form Entry (420 places) Primary School. From 1 September 2017 the planned admission number (PAN) across Reception will be 60.
(a) It is proposed that The Deans Community Primary School will relocate to the new Two Form Entry building be situated on the on the former St Ambrose Barlow Roman Catholic High School Playing Field and Sports Hall site, on Stanwell Road, Swinton.
As the year groups move up through the school, the increased admission number will be applied within the relevant year group. It is envisaged that by 2023 both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 (Reception through to Year 6) will have a planned admission number of 60 per year group (Two Forms of Entry).
This notice is an extract from the complete proposal. A complete copy of the proposal can be obtained from:
· Paula Flynn, Children’s Services Directorate, 2nd Floor, Unity House, Salford Civic Centre, Chorley Road, Swinton, M27 5AW
Within four weeks from the date of publication of this proposal (13th April 2017) any person may object to, or make comments on the proposal by sending their representations to:
Signed: Charlotte Ramsden
Strategic Director for Salford Children’s Services Directorate
Publication Date: 16 March 2017
- As from 1 September 2017 the net capacity The Deans Community Primary School will increase to 420 with a planned admission number (PAN) of 60 per year group being undertaken in phases.
- There has been a significant rise in population across the city which has led to increased demand for places. The expansion on The Deans Community Primary school is proposed in order to ensure that the Local Authority can meet its statutory duty for providing school places and to ensure that sufficient places are available across this area.
- It is proposed that the increase in the schools admission number will be applied in phases. It is also proposed that The Deans Community Primary School will relocate to the new building to be situated on the on the former St Ambrose Barlow Roman Catholic High School Playing Field and Sports Hall site as from 1 September 2017.
- The proposed number of pupils to be admitted to the school in each relevant age group from the first year in which the proposal will be implemented (1 September 2017) through to 2023 is as follows: