International Baccalaureate Takapuna Grammar School
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at Takapuna Grammar School
The IB curriculum is made up of the DP core and six subject groups. The six subject groups are:
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Individuals and societies
- The arts
Made up of the three required components, the DP core aims to broaden students’ educational experience and challenge them to apply their knowledge and skills. The three core elements are:
- Theory of knowledge, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what we claim to know.
- The extended essay, which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
- Creativity, activity, service, in which students complete a project related to those three concepts.