Donna Welch BSN, RN, CSN-NJ
Hi, my name is Mrs. Donna Welch, and I am the Certified School Nurse at Swimming River School.
It is my goal to promote the health and wellness for each and every student in order to maximize their education experience.Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Health Forms and Information
Tips for Preventing the Spread of Illness
- Keep your child home from school when he or she is sick.
Sickness includes, but is not limited to:
-temperature over 100 F
-conjunctivitis ("pink eye")
-upper respiratory infections
-when your child is just "not him/herself" or may have symptoms that would interfere with learning, such as persistent or frequent coughing
- Allow your child to return to school only when fever-free for at least 24 hours (no longer having a fever or needing fever-reducing medication)
- Cover your cough! Cough into your upper sleeve or into a tissue and discard properly.
- Properly dispose of used tissues and other soiled items and wash your hands!
- Wash hands with warm soapy water or hand santitizer frequently and regularly!
- Get your flu vaccine! Flu season is generally from October through March. Flu symptoms include fever, body aches, cough, sore throat, runny nose and headache.
- Stay informed through www.state.nj.us/health/, www.cdc.gov, and www.flu.gov