Ms. Dunn English Language Arts
Welcome to English Language Arts! In this course students will engage in a variety of language skills and literacy. Our units of study this year are: short stories, poetry, non-fiction, novels, and drama.
- Feel free to email regarding any concerns/questions/comments
- I typically get back same day unless after 5 P.M.
- Students have this email and have been encouraged to take advantage of it!
- Phone Extension 417 (email is typically faster response-time)
- 3 Ring Binder (at least 1.5”)
- 4 Dividers (broken up by Classwork, Homework, Journal and Skills)
- Pencil and a Blue or Black Pen
- Highlighter (preferably more than one in multiple colors)
- Post-it Notes (one stack is more than enough)*
- Complete work on time (late homework assignments lose 50% of grade)
- Copy all due dates and homework assignments written on the whiteboards into personal agenda book
- Ask for help or come for extra help if you are experiencing difficulty with the materials
- If you need help with something or need something printed it needs to be done before 1st block
- Do your own work!
Students will receive a check plus (100%) check (70%) or check minus (30%) on every homework assignment. Extra credit is available each term!