Dr. Leah B. Hammond
8th Grade NC and US History
History Hounds Sponsor
Beta Club Sponsor
Degrees and Certifications
- B.A. Sociology/Education, Duke University
- MAEd. History, Curriculum and Instruction, Supervision, Western Carolina University
- EdD. Educational Leadership, Western Carolina University
- Social Studies Certified, 6-12
- Academically Gifted Certified
- Curriculum and Instructional Specialist
as a teacher is to motivate, inspire, encourage, and support students by providing a safe, secure and loving environment to educate them socially, emotionally, and cognitively so they can continue to build a foundation for life-long learning.
I have a daughter, Chelsea, who graduated from Brevard High School, a brand new puppy, Gracie Margaret, and two kitties, Olivia and Minnie. Although I have lived in the mountains of North Carolina for a while, I was born in New York and have lived in Florida and Alaska. Ask me about my moose nugget earrings!
- First Block = 8:05-9
- Second Block = Planning
- Third Block = 10:00-11:00
- Fourth Block = Planning
- BDT = 12:00-12:35
- Lunch = 12:39-1:09
- Fifth Block = 1:13-2:09
- Sixth Block = 2:13-3:10
Please click on the button above to find out more about National Beta Club.
I'm often asked on the first day of school, "Why does history matter?" Showing this short video often convinces students why it is important to learn about the past. Please watch it and see if you agree.
400 Fisher Road, Brevard, NC 28712 (P) 828-884-2091 (F) 828-883-3150 email@example.com