Google Classroom App - Android & iOS
Transylvania County Schools
Instructional Technology Department
Certified Google Educator, Trainer, & Administrator
The Google Classroom App
Anywhere Anytime access to all features of Google Classroom!
- This is a great option if you may not have home wi-fi, but have access to a smart phone on virtual days. You can access, complete, & submit your assignments from an Android or iOs phone via 3g or 4g.
- The app also allows you to completely manage your Google Classroom from any Android or iOs device. You can create announcements, questions, & assignments, add files to posts, view assignments, grade assignments, & return assignments all from the app.
- Also, grading on the app is much faster than on the web because you (or your students) can annotate directly on any pdf, image, doc, Sheet, or Slides!
RECIPE FOR VIRTUAL DAY SUCCESS!
- 1) Use Google Classroom to deliver assignments (using Google Docs, Sheets & Slides)
- 2) Show students the Google Classroom App to complete work in your Classroom in case they have a phone, but no wifi
Get Started- Get the App
Download the Google Classroom App
- Go to your app store (Google Play for Android, Apple Store on iphone)
- Search for and download Google Classroom app
- Recommended- Also download Google Drive, Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc- any Google apps that you use
Overview of the App
- Notice that the app allows you access to all the same features as the web version!
Benefits of the App for Students
- Anytime, anywhere access to Classroom work via Android or iOs
- No wifi ? No problem! This app allows you to complete work online as long as you have access to a smart phone
- Can access, complete, submit, see grades
- Open channel for communication with teachers and classmates outside of class (subject to teacher choice in student comment settings)
- Having the Classroom app adds Classroom to sharing options in Gallery as well as ANY and ALL apps on the device that have a share icon! Snap a photo, take a video, submit a drawing done on 3rd party app- the possibilities are endless.
Benefits of the App for Teachers
- Allows teachers anywhere, anytime access to do anything they need to their Google Classrooms- YES ANYTHING!
- Create classes, create, schedule, or save as drafts-announcements, assignments, questions, reuse posts
- Attach files to a post from Google Drive, upload from device, snap photo, record video, share from a 3rd party app (any app that has a share button on your device!)
- Allow students to view, edit, or make a copy for each in assignments.
- SAVE TIME grading student work by using the annotation feature- mark directly on student files (images, pdfs, docs, sheets, & slides if you made a copy for each student)
- SAVE PAPER by sharing all files with students via Google Classroom.