Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Location: Medtronic - Moundsview Facility, Moundsview, MN
Map Link and Directions: Medtronic Map
Parking: Available onsite - see Map and Directions link
Security Check In: (???)
TCOUG Check In: Inside the doors ...
Wifi : Guest Wifi will available for use
Food: Lunch will be provided
In this workshop we'll hear compelling reasons to upgrade and migrate your databases to the cloud. We'll also receive helpful migration tips and techniques if your business needs require you to keep your data on-premises.
Additionally we're bringing in a non-Oracle speaker from MongoDB because these days, we all need to be well-rounded!
8:30-9:00 : Registration and Breakfast
9:00-9:15 : Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:15-9:30 : Medtronic presentation
9:30-10:30 : Rohan Kalra, Oracle Corp., Part 1
· Deep dive - Exadata in Oracle Cloud
· 18c and 19c New Features
· Oracle’s Roadmap and update on Autonomous
· Database Migration to Cloud Best Practices and Strategies
· Integrations and Data Transformation with Oracle Cloud
10:30-10:45 : Break
10:45-11:45 : Rohan Kalra, Oracle Corp., Part 2
11:45-1:00 : Lunch
(Note**lunch will be located...)
1:00-2:00 : DB Migrations Using GoldenGate for Minimal Downtime, Kevin D. Smith, Meta7
2:00-2:15 : Break
2:15 - 3:15 : MongoDB Overview for Oracle DBAs, Matt Kalan
· Matt will give a quick overview of MongoDB and how it differs from RDBMSs like Oracle, to understand why many "modern" and cloud-native workloads are targeted for MongoDB. Most of the session will be diving into a demo of the Compass GUI client and Mongo shell for browsing the database, and of the Ops Manager tool for monitoring, alerting, backup/restore, performance optimization, and managing MongoDB at scale.
3:15-3:45 : Wrap Up Giveaways and Prizes from our Sponsors