TAUHARA PRIMARY SCHOOl
"Whāia te Mātauranga -Reach for the Highest Peak"
Welcome to Tauhara Primary School
"Whāia te Mātauranga - Reach for the Highest Peak"
Return to School Alert Level 2
Kia Ora Whānau
This Monday May 18th our school will be open for all students and staff to return to school. Please ensure that special attention is paid to the following information when your child returns to school next week.
Entry to the school
- Only two gates open. The main gate will be open and the gate off the dirt road. The Taharepa Road gate and the Crown Road gate will be locked.
- Staff will monitor the gate entries as tamariki arrive at school.
- Students and staff must stay home if they are sick.
- All visitors to the school must sign in and out at the office.
- When dropping your child off in the morning at the assigned time please ensure you say goodbye to them at the gate. Due to contact tracing we ask that you do not enter the school grounds. If picking up your child up outside of the assigned time please message the school and your child will meet you at the school gate. The bus children will be supervised by the teachers who are on bus duty in the morning and after school.
Drop off and Pick up Times
- Year 3 to 6 students need to be dropped off on the dirt car park along Crown Road between 8:30 and 9:00am. They are students who are in Rooms 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 and 10 (Whaea Kim, Whaea Laura, Whaea Mara, Whaea Shiree, Whaea Shelley and Whaea Leah)
- Years 1 and 2 students need to be dropped off on the dirt car park along Crown Road between 9:00 and 9:30am. They are students in Rooms 4, 5 and 6 ((Whaea Anne, Whaea Karen, Whaea Krissy, Whaea Beth and Whaea Kylie).
Pick up Times
- Years 1 and 2 students can be picked up from 2:30pm to 3:00pm - they are students in Rooms 4, 5 and 6 ((Whaea Anne, Whaea Karen, Whaea Krissy, Whaea Beth and Whaea Kylie).
- Years 3 to 6 students can be picked up from 3:00pm to 3:30pm. - they are students in Rooms 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 and 10 (Whaea Kim, Whaea Laura, Whaea Mara, Whaea Shiree, Whaea Shelley and Whaea Leah).
- If you have children who are different year groups, choose a time to drop them off together.
Portable Sanitizing Kits - All classrooms have been issued with these kits containing:
- Cloth roll
- Surface Sanitiser
- 500ml Hand Sanitiser
- There will be regular cleaning and sanitizing of surfaces - for example classroom door handles, desks - undertaken by the teachers during the day and our school cleaners.
- Students must wash their hands before entering and exiting the classroom.
- We have installed paper towel dispensers and soap in all toilets.
- Teachers will remind children daily about good cough and sneeze etiquette - this is fundamental to prevent the spread of illness such as colds, flu and COVID-19.
- We will maintain physical distancing where practicable - in schools Alert Level 2 this means children, young people and staff maintaining a physical distance so that they are not breathing on or touching each other - (there is no minimum distance requirement for schools at Alert Level 2).
Breakfast Club and Church provided lunch
- Daily Breakfast Club and lunches on Tuesday and Thursday will NOT be operating for the next two weeks. This will be reviewed following the two weeks back at school.
- There is food available at the office for tamariki who require breakfast or lunch.
- Families are able to order lunch online starting from next week. These are available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Please click the link to view instructions for School Lunches
- Please ensure your child brings a water bottle to school each day. The water fountains will not be operating for the next two weeks. This will be reviewed following the two weeks back at school.
The Staff and I are looking forward to seeing all our tamariki again. I thank our parents and staff for all your support during this difficult time.
Tauhara Primary School is situated on the corner of Crown Road and Taharepa Road in Taupō. We have 10 classroom teachers and two Specialist teachers who provide extra Maths and Specialist Education support for our students. We also have a Social Worker in Schools to support our students at home and at school.
At Tauhara we pride ourselves on working together in partnership with our parents and families, to provide quality education for our children in a caring and stimulating environment. We have a dedicated Board of Trustees and Parent Teacher Association who fully support the school. We acknowledge the support of Advance Church who have partnered with us as a school community. We have a wonderful team of volunteers who provide Breakfast Club each day to our students and staff.
Our passionate staff are Apple Certified and work alongside children to encourage them to develop their potential. We also have wonderful Apple Certified teacher-aides who support learning in the classrooms.
Our students each have their own iPad device and will make full use of Apple Applications to support an integrated learning programme. All students are part of the Mathletic and Reading online programmes to accelerate Mathematic and Literacy programmes.
We offer weekly Science programmes for all classes in collaboration with House of Science based in Rotorua.
Our Senior Student programmes include: EPRO 8 Digital Technology, Leadership Programmes – including National Youth Leadership conference and School Camp
Tauhara Primary uses See-Saw to record student daily learning programme. We encourage our parents to dialogue with their child and teacher using See-Saw
Our Year 1 and 2 programme includes Play Based Learning as part of their transition from Early Childhood education and entry into Primary schooling
Our students enjoy daily Lunch Time organised Sport provided by Youth Town and participate in school and interschool sporting activities.
We are an Enviro School and are working with our community to develop our Tauhara Orchard and Garden
We offer a whānau orientated schooling experience for your child. We invite you to be part of our Tauhara Whānau.