STEP for Running Start
Current RS Information Night
All juniors and seniors who will be participating in Running Start during the 2019-20 school year should consider attending on Thursday, September 5 from 6:30 - 7:45 P.M. in the Performing Arts Center at Tahoma High School. For the first 45 minutes, we will provide information to help you understand the processes associated with Running Start, as well as an overview of STEP which is required to earn a Tahoma diploma. During the last half hour, an admissions counselor from UW Tacoma will talk about how to apply to four-year colleges with Running Start credits/AA degrees. Please note that this is different from the information sessions offered at the colleges; you are encouraged to attend those as well.
Class of 2020
This information is only for students who are not taking AGGI, AP Government, or We the People on the THS campus during senior year.
Sign up for text messages through Remind.com - Text @run2020 to 81010
Required Class Meeting
You are required to attend one face-to-face class meeting to get started with STEP.
- Tuesday, September 3, 1:30 - 3:00 pm
- Friday, September 6, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Monday, September 9, 2:00 - 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, September 17, 8:00 - 9:30 am
- Thursday, September 19, 1:00 - 2:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 8, 3:30 - 5:00 pm
Click here to sign up for one of these mandatory meetings.
If you wish to do your 10 hours of community service over the summer, you need to:
- Read Community Service Overview. Please note that, unlike students on campus, you are not required to submit a signed log; however, you will need to submit the same information when you submit your assignment (minus the signature). Your assignment will be submitted in Google Classroom. You will join the class at the fall meeting.
- Complete Community Service Pre-approval Form by June 28. You will need to sign-in to your GoTahoma account in order to complete this form. You will receive an email indicating that your service has been approved or denied.
Class of 2021
Sign up for text messages through Remind.com - Text @2021rs to 81010
All students are encouraged to attend the September information night (details above)
There are no assignments due during junior year, but you can do community service during the summer between junior and senior year if you get it pre-approved in June of your junior year.