Apply for an Award
Once you have been nominated for an award, you will need to submit 1) evidence of exemplary status in the form of three specific examples that show how you exemplify that skill) 2) two endorsements from people not related to you who are familiar with, and can speak to, your exemplary achievement, and 3) a brief personal statement explaining why the skill is important to you now and how you see it helping you in the future. Detailed directions are below.
Students who receive this award will be honored during the Senior Awards night at Tahoma High School, are recognized at graduation through special honor cords, and receive a digital badge which they may post on social media sites such as Facebook or LinkedIn, allowing them to share their achievement with family, friends, employers, and others, and build a positive digital reputation.
Please read the following information and directions carefully.
Student Application Deadline: March 6, 2020.
Directions for Applying for an Award
Your application materials will include evidence submitted by you, two endorsements from people you select who are familiar with your abilities in this skill, and an application form. All materials must be submitted by March 6, 2020. The following three components are required to be considered for the award.
- Evidence: Identify and describe three compelling examples of how you exemplify the skill. Fill out the Evidence Submission Form three times--once for each of your three examples. You are encouraged to first plan out what you’ll submit through the form using this Evidence Description Planning Document. The evidence component is only read and judged by the review panel. It will not be included as part of your digital badge if you earn the award.
- Endorsements: Ask at least two people who are not related to you for endorsements in the skill for which you are seeking recognition. The people you select should be familiar with your achievement in this area. The person who nominated you has already filled out this form, so please select two others. We drafted some sample language you could use to ask for endorsements in an email, or you can talk to the person directly. Either way, you must make it clear for which Future Ready Skill you are seeking endorsement. The sample email includes a link to the form, or you can use this one: https://goo.gl/8ssdZ8. The endorsements from these individuals will become a part of your digital badge should you earn the award.
- Personal Statement/Award Application: Once you have submitted your evidence and had two people endorse you, fill out this brief Application Form so we can track your application. This form includes a place for you to write a brief explanation of why the skill is important to you now and how you see it helping you with your future plans. If you earn this award, this personal statement (short paragraph, not an essay) will be a part of the digital badge you'll receive and others outside of the review panel will be able to read it. Please proofread carefully before submitting.
- Exemplary Performance in Collaboration
- Exemplary Performance in Community Contribution
- Exemplary Performance in Conscientious Worker
- Exemplary Performance in Creative Innovation
- Exemplary Performance in Effective Communication
- Exemplary Performance in Quality Production
- Exemplary Performance in Responsible Decision-Maker
- Exemplary Performance in Self-Directed Learning
- Exemplary Performance in Strategic Problem-Solving