The mission of Southwest ISD Libraries is to empower students to become life-long learners and productive citizens in a dynamic, global society by providing quality learning experiences that develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities for continued success.
- That all district libraries provide library services beyond the instructional day
- That all district libraries provide schedules that allows flexible access based on patron input and needs assessment
- Diverse resources and equipment appropriate for use by individuals as well as classes in the grade level served.
- Organization and maintenance of materials and equipment which facilitates optimum use.
- Working areas and an environment which are well maintained, well organized and conductive to both learning and enjoyment while using the library resources.
- Management of the facility and activities that allows flexible access based on patron input and needs assessments.
- Instruction which promotes a lifelong interest in reading for pleasure and information.
- Support for district curriculum and instructional initiatives.
- Utilize Texas State School Library Standards as a tool for continual improvement of the library program.