It is the vision of the SWISD Bilingual & ESL Program to be a model of excellence in providing all stakeholders knowledge, guidance, systemic process, leadership and support in the education of all English Language Learners.
It is the mission of the SWISD Bilingual & ESL Programs to develop the English Language Learner's basic interpersonal communication skills (BICS) and cognitive academic language proficiency (CALP) in the target language, while valuing the students linguistic background and culturally diverse experiences, as well as promoting successful participation in the school and larger society.
Our Core Beliefs
1. Written and documented feedback regarding both campus and district service will reflect customer satisfaction in the provision of guidance and support to students, parents, and campus personnel.
2. Recruitment of ESL endorsed and bilingual certified teachers will intensify to fulfill the needs of the student population.
3. All district and campus staff serving English Language Learners will participate in professional development in instructional strategies, services, policies, and processes towards the education of the students served.
4. SWISD Performance-Based Monitoring Analysis System (PBMAS) Report for the 2017 school year will reflect successful student performance and program effectiveness.
1. All student and adult stakeholders are life-long learners striving for successful and satisfying experiences.
2. All student and adult stakeholders desire and deserve integrity, transparency, communication and best practices in education and organizational management.
3. All student and adult stakeholders desire and deserve data-based, collaborative, educated and conscientious decision-making.
In accordance with Title VI, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX, Education Amendment of 1972, Section 504, Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1992, Southwest Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, military status, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
De acuerdo con el Titulo VI de la Leyde Derechos Civiles del año 1972, el Articulo 504 de la Ley de Rehabilitacion del año 1973 y el Titulo II de la Ley de los Estadounidenses con Discapacidades del año 1992, el Distrito Escolar Independiente de Southwest no discrimina por motivos de raza, religion, estado militar, color, nacionalidad, edad, sexo, discapacidad ni por ningun otro motivo prohibido por la ley.