Monday, october 15: "a" block day
- Homework Zone 2:30-4pm - See full schedule HERE
- Boys Soccer meeting in the gym during lunch
Tuesday, october 16: "b" block day
- Seniors vs Faculty Home Run Derby - during lunch in the softball field
- Homework Zone 2:30-3:30pm
- Girls Tennis home game vs. Bonita Vista @3pm
- Girls Golf Game at Eastlake Country Club @2:30pm
Wednesday, october 17: “A” Block Day
- Homework Zone 2:30-3:30pm
- Boys Water Polo game vs. Bonita Vista at Southwestern College @5:30pm
Thursday, october 18: “B” Block Day
- Homework Zone 2:30-4pm
- Girls Volleyball home game vs. Otay Ranch at 3pm
Friday, october 19: “p” Pro hour
- Varsity Football away game vs. Olympian at 7pm
Saturday, october 20:
- Saturday School 8-12
Winter sports clearances start 10/15
Titans- it is time to gear up for winter sports! We will start collecting clearances on Monday 10/15. You must be cleared prior to try-outs. Avoid the long lines and get cleared now! Any questions, visit the ASB during nutrition break and lunch ONLY to drop off your clearance papers.
- Go HERE to register for a winter sport(Available 10/15)
- Go HERE to see the step by step process to register for a winter sport.
- Go HERE to see the try-out schedule.
- Go HERE for more information.
homecoming Dance 10/27
Last day to buy tickets is 10/23. Homecoming tickets are on sale now at the ASB for $75. If you plan to attend Homecoming 2018, you MUST be off the Non-Privileged list by 10/13. If you plan to bring a guest from another school, or a different district, you must complete a guest pass. Your guest MUST be cleared by their school AP. If they are in college, they MUST be signed off by their college advisor. If they work, they MUST be signed off by their boss. If they don't go to college, and they don't work, their parent MUST signed them off. Guest MUST be under 21. Forms will be available HERE. They are NOW available in the main office and ASB Lobby. Go HERE for more Homecoming information
NOn-Privileged list(Click Here to check your status)!!!
Click HERE to see list AS OF 10/08/18. NP lists are updated bi-weekly and posted at the ASB and Main Office. You will NOT be able to participate in any school-sponsored event(Including Graduation) if your name is on the Non-Privileged list. THIS tutorial shows how to check attendance on Infinite Campus. You MUST clear your name off the non-privileged list two weeks before any event. Senior Contract, Attendance, library/ASB fines, fundraising debt, Senior contract missing and athletic uniforms or gear owed are all reasons for being placed on this list.
Come and see Mr. Hinkle in room 804 to schedule your senior portraits. More details HERE
In Studio Picture Makeup Info
Boyd Anderson Photography offers to our students and staff the opportunity to be photographed at their studio on the following dates only. If you have never been photographed for this school year - 2018-19, this service is FREE. For more information click HERE. They also offer additional days in the studio for anyone that missed the picture days at school or would like to have their picture retaken. Please note that because of the yearbook’s deadline, the pictures from our make up day might be to late to be included in the yearbook. They will produce ID cards from the in studio day and they will be sent directly to the school for distribution. For security reasons, the ID cards will not be given directly to the students.
For lost or stolen ID Cards, a new one can be purchased and printed at the ASB for $5.
Clothes Drive for Domestic Violence Survivors
We have a great opportunity to support our families residing in Chula Vista who unfortunately have been impacted by domestic violence. South Bay Community Services Rachel’s House (Liz Ramirez) is partnering with a student Rebeka Caesar who attends Victory Christian Academy on this great deed. SUHSD looks forward to ways in which we can support our families and community. There will be two bins to be placed in the main office. Click HERE for more information.
Saturday School Information
Click HERE for information regarding Saturday school.
Fall Sports Schedules
Titans, we are almost at the end of the Fall sports season. Check out all of the fall sports schedules and support your fellow Titans. http://elh.sweetwaterschools.org/fall-sports/.
Scholarship Opportunity from Vulcan Materials Company
The Vulcan Materials Company (click HERE for more info) and the Quarry Crusher Run is on Saturday, November 3rd we will be holding our 2nd Annual Quarry Crusher Run at the Vulcan Materials Company Chula Vista Quarry. One hundred percent of the proceeds generated from the race will go towards the Chula Vista Firefighter’s Foundation. In our hopes to further engage the community, we would like to offer high schools in the Sweetwater Union High School District the opportunity to win a $2,500 scholarship and pizza party. Each school that has a team of ten or more people signed up will be entered into a raffle to win $2,500 from Vulcan’s Foundation as well as a pizza party for the participating Quarry Crusher Run team. We’d also offer a 50% discounted registration fee, reducing the cost for students, teachers and staff to participate in the Quarry Crusher Run to $20. For more information click HERE .
Community Service Opportunities
- Marshal Elementary school could use your help for their Fall Festival! We are looking for volunteers for Friday October 26th from 2:30 to 10pm. For more information click HERE.
- Chula Vista Police Activities League is hosting PINGO on 10/20/18 @ Montevalle Park (Gym) from 1400-2000. PINGO is essentially bingo but for designer purses (they give away about 10-12 so there are that many PINGO games played. We need about 20 volunteers (10) from12:30pm-4:30 pm and (10) 4:30-8:30pm with set up, and to assist in any way during the event. Attire: Jeans/pants Dark colored polo shirt/t-shirt. Contact : Araceli Picone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Eastlake lll HOA is in need of high school volunteers for their Creepy Carnival on October 20th. Pick up an application at the Creekside office at 1331 S. Creekside Dr. or call Sonia Anchundo-Reynoso at 619-421-1268.
College Application Process Workshop
Please join us at Otay Ranch Library - The HUB (located by the food court in the Otay Ranch Town Center Mall) for an informative workshop on theCollege Application Process Presented by Parent to Parent Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 5:30pm ALL parents and 10th-12th grade students welcome! This one hour workshop will help navigate through the college application process - college criteria, choosing the right college, getting letters of recommendation, tracking application deadlines, researching financial aid and searching for scholarships. Each student participant will receive a College Admissions workbook and be entered into an Opportunity Drawing. Seats are limited - To register, email: email@example.com or call (619)397-5740 . For more information click HERE.
PSAT and Minimum Day Schedules - Revised
For your Information: The minimum day schedule and PSAT schedule has been adjusted to accommodate the bus schedule our district has to pick up ELH students. Please be aware of these changes if it affects the pickup and drop off times of your student(s). This has also been updated on our website. Click HERE to see the revised weekly schedule.
Boys Soccer Meeting
Meeting will take place on Monday Oct. 15 in the gym during lunch
Dress Code Reminder
Titans-don’t forget that with the warm temperatures, that attire should protect the health and safety of all students. Be sure that you are following all dress code guidelines. Go HERE for the student/parent handbook and see page 10 for dress code guidelines.
Lost and Found
Titans, if you have lost any clothes or other personal belongings, be sure to report them to the Lost and Found located in the ASB to check for your lost items. If you find items, please bring them to the ASB. Thank you!
Save the Dates
- October 22: Homecoming Formal Assembly - Wear formal attire
- October 22: Homecoming guest passes due
- October 23: Last day to purchase Homecoming tickets
- October 24: PSAT
- October 26: BMOC Assembly - Wear Titan Blue
- October 27: Homecoming Dance
Follow @ASBDean on Twitter to receive up-to-date information about school events.