Welcome back from Fall break Titan, we'll see you on Wednesday October 9th. Our goal for the WAAG is to inform parents and students of important events and provide important announcements for the coming week. For the Daily Schedule please visit the ELH website or click HERE
Monday, october 7: Fall BReak
- NO SCHOOL
- Girls Varsity Volleyball Home Game @ 5pm -See full Fall schedules HERE
Tuesday, october 8: Fall BReak
- NO SCHOOL
Wednesday, october 9: "a" block schedule
- Students return from fall break
- Varsity Boys Water Polo vs. Bonita Vista @ southwestern college @ 5:30pm
Thursday, october 10: "b" block schedule
- ICC Meeting during lunch
- Novice Football home game vs. Bonita Vista @ 3:30
Friday, october 11: "F" Full Menu
- Boys Soccer meeting - During lunch in gym
- Varsity Boys Water Polo vs Hilltop @ southwestern college @ 7:30pm
Saturday, October 12:
- Saturday School @ 8am
Homecoming is at Sea World. It will include the Electric Eel Roller Coaster as well as full access to their arcade. ALL STUDENTS are welcomed to attend.
- 10/9 ONLY $75
- 10/9- 10/15: $85
- 10/15 - Last day to turn in guest forms
- 10/15 LAST DAY TO BUY TICKETS!!!
YOU MUST BE CLEARED OF THE NON-PRIVILEGED LIST TO BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND!!! Click HERE for the list
Please download the EHS Hoco Dance Details 2019.
If you plan to bring a guest for Hoco, please download this form and follow the instructions.
EHS Hoco Guest Application 2019 - WE NEED A COPY OF THEIR ID ATTACHED TO APPLICATION AS WELL
They fill out this form if...
- ....your guest is a high school student at another high school(ours or not) - needs their Assistant Principals Approval and include business card
- ....your guest is a college student(cannot be older than 20), their college advisor needs to sign them and include business card
- ....your guest does not go to college, but works, theirs boss needs to sign them off and include business card
- ....your guest does not go to college, does not work, theirs PARENTS need to sign them off and include parents' California ID
Cycle Eastlake is looking for volunteers - Community service opportunity
- The Eastlake Educational Foundation is looking for 25 volunteers to help them with their Cycle Eastlake event on Saturday October 19th at Eastlake Middle from 5:30am to 12pm. Please complete the form below, more information will be sent to you as we get close to the event.
- Click HERE to sign up as a volunteer
Cycle Eastlake – Tech and Innovation Fair
The Eastlake Educational Foundation gives EHS $20,000 to EHS EVERY YEAR!!!. They are able to do this for our school and students through the many fundraising activities they organize to benefit Eastlake Schools. If you run, or are a cyclist, or you know someone who is, please tell them about this event and have them register. We need 70+ registrants to register under Eastlake High School. Events range from a 5K Family Roll N Stroll to an 18-25 mile either road or mountain bike ride. We are also looking for sponsors for this event.
Sponsor commitment form: Click HERE
Sponsor details: Click HERE
Cycle Eastlake Flier: Click HERE
Community Service Opportunity Oct 12th
Date: Saturday October 12, 2019, Location: Montevalle Recreation Center, 840 Duncan Ranch Rd. Chula Vista, CA 91914
- Set- Up: 1:00pm- 4:00pm
- Event & Clean Up: 3:30pm-9:00pm
Contact: Mrs. Araceli Picone at : araceli.perez-picone@sweetwater schools.org
- Sign up in Mr. Hinkle's room (804)
- Pictures start October10th- November 6th
- Each day is assigned for boys or girls, but first 30 minutes of everyday are mixed(boys/girls)
- 5 photos for boys and 14 photos for girls. Pick the best photo
- In late November, send back the edited picture and fill out form below if you would like to purchase
Click HERE for the senior portrait order form
IN studio picture makeup
Boyd Anderson Photography offers to our students and staff the opportunity to be photographed at their studio on the following dates only. If you have never been photographed for this school year - 2019-20, this service is FREE. For more information click HERE. They also offer additional days in the studio for anyone that missed the picture days at school or would like to have their picture retaken. They will produce ID cards from the in-studio day and they will be sent directly to the school for distribution. For security reasons, the ID cards will not be given directly to the students. For lost or stolen ID Cards, a new one can be purchased and printed at the ASB for $5.
- Click HERE for the AP Exam Schedule
- Regular Ordering window opened Monday, August 19th.
- Click HERE to find directions on how to place an order and the order form
- Click HERE to make an online payment for AP Exams
AP EXAM ORDERING
- Ordering of exams is now in the fall. Students need to be enrolled in a class section online before placing an order. AP teachers will be providing students with a join code and instructions on how to join a section.
- Regular Ordering Window: August 19th- November 1st @ $94.00 per exam
(Minimum of $50.00 non-refundable deposit due at the time of ordering, In-Person ONLY at the ASB)
- Late Ordering Window: November 18th- February 28th @ $134.00 per exam
($80.00 non-refundable deposit due at the time of ordering)
- Additional Fees will apply after February 28th
ptsa art contest
All EHS students are invited to enter the EastLake PTSA Reflections art contest! This year’s theme is, “Look Within.” Entries are due October 15th. Pick up an entry form and rules today from the PTSA box in the front office or click HERE
Clubs of the week
Each week, the Eastlake Edge will be highlighting several clubs. Click HERE to check out the "Club of the week".
Non-privilege List - PLEASE READ!!! (Click Here to check your status AS OF 9/10/19)
NP lists are updated weekly and posted ASB and Main Office. THIS tutorial shows how to check attendance on Infinite Campus. You MUST clear your name off the non-privileged list two weeks before any event. Senior Contract, Attendance, library/ASB fines, fundraising debt, Senior contract missing and athletic uniforms or gear owed are all reasons for being placed on this list.
STUDENT ATHLETE/PARENT HANDBOOK
IMPORTANT- For all students and parents/guardians that have a student athlete participating in Eastlake athletics, please Read This Handbook In Its Entirety
An important value we expect from all our athletes is integrity. Because of this, we ask that you do not sign on the dotted line until you have read the handbook and agreed to abide by its rules and guidelines.
NMSI SATURDAY study sessions registration & schedule
ASB Resource Links
With so much going on at Eastlake, please check out the link HERE for a one-stop-shop document with all of the resources you'll need for information. It will be updated regularly. You can also click HERE for information and resources for Club advisors and coaches that have a club charter.
- Students should check their school emails for attendance information.
- Download the infinite campus app to receive attendance notification in real time.
- Independent Study Contracts are not given the week of finals per the school handbook.
- Please plan vacations around the school calendar. Calendars are posted for this year and the next two years. Click HERE
5. Please click HERE for valid reasons to excuse attendance per CA Ed Code
Titans- If you lose your ID card, we will not be able to reprint another until after Fall Break. The replacement cost is $5.
Boyd Anderson Photography offers to our students and staff the opportunity to be photographed at their studio on the following dates only. If you have never been photographed for this school year - 2019-20, this service is FREE. For more information click HERE. They also offer additional days in the studio for anyone that missed the picture days at school or would like to have their picture retaken. They will produce ID cards from the in-studio day and they will be sent directly to the school for distribution. For security reasons, the ID cards will not be given directly to the students.
Dress Code Reminder
Titans-don’t forget that with the warm temperatures, that attire should protect the health and safety of all students. Be sure that you are following all dress code guidelines. Go HERE(Revised version will be up soon) for the student/parent handbook and see page 10 for dress code guidelines.
Lost and Found
Titans, if you have lost any clothes or other personal belongings, be sure to report them to the Lost and Found located in the ASB to check for your lost items. If you find items, please bring them to the ASB to our lost & found. Thank you!
Save the Dates
October 9 - Students return to school
October 10 - ICC Meeting: @ Lunch in room 805 -General fundraising application submission
October 16 - PSAT & Workshops
October 14-18 - Homecoming Spirit Week
October 14 - Assembly: Homecoming “Formal” (Crown and Tiara Candidates)
Online voting from Oct 14 at 6pm to Oct 17 at 9pm
October 18 - Assembly: Homecoming - “Crown” Announcement
October 18 - Football Home Game vs Olympian @ 7pm(Homecoming)
October 19 - Homecoming Dance 7pm -11pm @Sea World
October 24 - ICC Meeting: @ Lunch in room 805 -General fundraising application submission
Follow @ASBDean on Twitter or @EHS_ASB_Dean on Instagram, to receive up-to-date information about school events.