Senior Announcements 2018-2019
Senior Announcements 2018-2019
Grad Nite 2019 Overview:
This year's GradNite will land on Saturday, May 18, 2019 and it will take place at both Knott's Berry Farm and at Disney California Adventure. Ticket prices will sell for $180 per student. We will have 350 tickets available and ticket sales begin in January out of the ASB when we return from Winter Break (January 16, 2019). Remember, you cannot be on the Non-Privileged List to attend Grad Nite or to purchase a ticket.
Grad Nite Itinerary:
- 10:00am: Check in at SUHi's Old Gym
- 11:30am: Depart from Sweetwater High School
- 2:00pm: Arrive at Knott's Berry Farm--Please note that charter buses may be changed or used for other groups so personal items may not be stored on the buses.
- 7:00pm: Depart Knott's Berry Farm
- 7:30pm: Arrive at Disney California Adventure Park and Enjoy!
- 10:00pm: Grad Nite Officially Begins!
- 2:00am: Report back to Disneyland Toy Story Parking Lot
- 2:30am: Depart from Disneyland
- 5:00am: Arrive at Sweetwater High School
The Moonlight Masquerade Prom will be on Saturday, May 25th, 2019 from 7pm - 11pm. The venue for prom will be at the beautiful San Diego Natural History Museum at Balboa Park.
The event will have activities on multiple floors, including an amazing dance floor, access to all areas of the museum, air hockey and foosball tables, a psychic and a caricature artist, all topped off by an awesome rooftop lounge with gorgeous views of San Diego.
Tickets will start at $55 and are on sale now in the ASB. Prices will likely increase to $60 after spring break.
**Note that you will not be able to purchase tickets if you are on the non-privilege list.
Graduation is schedule for the last week of school: Our graduation date will be FRIDAY, JUNE 7th, 2019 at 6pm at Southwestern College. Our Cap and Gowns will cost $22.75 for students interested in KEEPING their gown. For students not interested in keeping their Cap and Gown, we will provide a Cap and Gown (that must be returned) at no cost. This year we will be working with the company Balfour and our local vendor Mr. David Honnold to provide us our Cap and Gowns. In the early months of 2019, I will continue to provide more information about graduation as I find out more details.
- We will start publishing the NPL on-line w/ the SUHI's Week-at-a-Glance (SWAGG) beginning in January when we return from Winter Break.
- Seniors end up on the NPL for attendance issues, library fines, owed uniforms for sports, owed costumes for VAPA, or owed money to the ASB. Students can also end up on the NPL for disciplinary reasons. Administrators, at any time, can place Seniors on the NPL.
- Seniors on the NPL cannot attend Prom, Grad Nite, or our Graduation Ceremony.
Seniors, please continue to perform and behave as the model students that you are. Visitors to our school, ALWAYS compliment the way our students behave and show courtesy and respect. However, students who display conduct that violates school policy will face disciplinary action. Any Senior who faces disciplinary action runs the risk of losing Senior Privileges. The loss of Senior Privileges will include, but are not limited to, not being able to participate in Prom, Grad Nite, and our Graduation Ceremony. In some cases, the severity of the situation will result in alternate school placement for the rest of the year. Therefore, Seniors continue to do the right thing and always follow the Red Devil Way!
Cap and Gown:
Cap and Gown order forms and orders will be collected and taken on Wednesday, March 13th in front of the band room at 12:02pm to 12:32pm (lunch time). You can pick up an order form from the ASB, or you can simply make the order on Wednesday, March 13th from Mr. Honnold, our representative from Balfour. If you have any additional questions please contact Mr. Honnold at Balfour:
- 3433 Eleanor Place, National City, Ca 91950