As you go through the various stations (images for each station are linked below), record your observations on the chart.
- For the first box (Summary of Images), pick four pictures and write a brief summary of the image itself and the text.
- For the second box (Close Reading), choose the image that you think best tells the story. Then write a detailed description, noticing small details and drawing conclusions of your own.
- For the third box (Major Terms), look at all the images and make some note about common themes, ideas and terms that are relevant and/or important.
You will then use this information to create an audio slideshow in Powerpoint.
- Create a Powerpoint slide show
- Select images from the folders below
- Narrate the slides while recording
- Convert PPT to MP4 video.
- Save video to Google Drive (File Name: 3rd Immigration O'Fallon)
- Share with Mr. Altena
Evaluation (For Narrated Video)
Level Two: Generally describes the process of immigration to the United States, making reference to each of the four stations we encountered in class.
Level Three: Tells the story of immigration with specific details for each stage of the gallery walk. Highlights several images, but focuses on a close reading of one.
Level Four: Completes previous level. Interprets gallery walk with reference to both the earlier history of immigrations to the United States and relevant concerns today.