Programmes and Resources
Learning and Development Programmes
We run five programmes targeted to specific audiences:
- Local Safeguarding Children's Board (LSCB): Available to LBS People staff and partner organisations. Safeguarding children courses including Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE), Child Protection and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Sutton Safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB): Available to LBS People staff and partner organisations. Safeguarding adults courses including Safeguarding Adults at Risk, Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Health and Social Care: Available to LBS People staff and partner organisations. Courses to support adults social care including Moving and Handling People, Infection Control and Prevention and Sensory Awareness
- LBS Council Staff - People Directorate: Available to LBS council staff within the People Directorate ONLY. Specialist training to comply with the requirements of professional bodies for a broad range of staff (social workers, nurses, occupational therapists, psychologists etc), to support statutory compliance e.g. Children Act, Mental Capacity Act etc and best practice e.g. Restorative Practice (children), Strengths Based Practice (adults).
- Fostering/Adoption to meet national minimum requirements and ensure best practice. Courses include Life Story Work, Attachment and Resilience, Child Development, and Emergency Paediatric First Aid
Corporate Learning & Development (LBS Council Staff)
The London Borough of Sutton Corporate Learning & Development Programme includes a wide range of workshops and training courses available to support the developemnt of LBS Council Staff. The 2018/19 programme can be found by clicking here.
LBS Corporate online booking sites:
ITrent - under learning and career development https://lbsutli.webitrent.com/lbsutli_ess/ess/index.html#/login
Learning pool - https://sutton.learningpool.com/
Queries relating to Corporate Training (including learning pool):
For any queries relating to Corporate training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate e learning (LBS Council staff only) can be accessed through the Learning Pool Portal: https:..sutton.learningpool.com.login.index.php. If you require any assisatnce with the Learning Pool please contact email@example.com.
Research in Practice
Research in Practice (RiP) provide a host of publications, tools and learning opportunities designed to support evidence-informed practice. They focus on helping us to achieve the best possible outcomes for adults, children and families through the use of evidence, to develop the skills and knowledge of our workforce, and to embed a culture of evidence-informed practice.
London Borough of Sutton staff are able to create an account using their @sutton.gov.uk email address to access all resources on the websites free of charge. Partner agencies may be granted access where there is a clear need. If you would like to discuss accessing Research in Practice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Research in Practice (children) - www.rip.org.uk
Research in Practice for Adults - www.ripfa.org.uk
Sutton People Conference
Social Work Conference 2017 'Coercive Control, Domestic Abuse and Social Work'.
Social Work Conference 2018 'Strengthening Relationships - Strengthening Outcomes'. Full details including presentations and the results of the Social Work Awards can be found here.
People Conference 2019 'Trauma-Informed Practice'. 25th January 2019. Full details will be released soon.
Sutton Safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB) Conference
SSAB Conference 2018. Full details of the conference including presentations can be found here.
SSAB Conference 2019.
LSCB Self Harm Conference
LSCB Self-Harm Conference. Full details of the conference including presentations and associated resources can be found here.