LSCB Self-Harm Conference
We would like to give a big thank you to:
- The speakers and workshop facilitators, including the young people who shared their personal experiences of self-harm, for delivering highly informative and engaging presentations;
- All of the organisations that hosted information stalls;
- Holiday Inn for hosting the event; and
- Everyone that attended; it was really great to see everyone engaging in the workshops and utilising the LSCB Management of Self-Harm Protocol when looking at the self-harm scenarios.
This year's Sutton Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) Self-Harm Conference was held on Wednesday 25 April 2018 at 9:00 to 15:30 at the Holiday Inn, Sutton, SM1 2RF.
The conference covered a range of topics, including presentations and workshops from national and local experts, on:
- Self-harm in young people;
- Building resilience;
- Self-harm in a digital world;
- Managing young people self-harming in schools.
There was also a facilitated, interactive session where multi-agency professionals applied the LSCB Management of Self-Harm Protocol to scenarios and provided feedback to the LSCB on the use of the protocol in day to day practice for frontline practitioners.
There were information stalls from local services that support children and young people struggling with mental health and self-harm, which provided an opportunity for delegates network and find out about services commissioned in Sutton.