Mrs. Herbert's Classroom Website
Language Arts & Math Labs
The English/Language Arts and Math Labs are for students who may need extra help to develop an understanding of ELA and Math topics. In this class, students will work at their own pace to master these difficult concepts. All ELA students will begin with basic essay writing skills before moving on to individual topics. All Math students will begin with a basic understanding of fractions before moving on to individual topics.
- Ana's Story by Jenna Bush-5 AR Points-★★★★☆
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer-18 AR Points-★★★★☆ "This book has drama and intensity that is really popping when it comes to reading it."-Ally
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks-8 AR Points-★★★★☆ "If they like romance books, then this is defiantly the book to read. In some parts it will keep you on your toes, and you will want to keep reading."-Elizabeth
- Divided We Fall-17 AR Points-★★★★☆
- Unbroken-24 AR Points-★★★★★ "Phenomenal story of survival! I highly recommend this story for all of my students."-Mrs. Herbert
- Pax by Sara Pennypacker-8 AR Points-★★★★★ "It has an interesting plot." -Kinzer
(Want to leave a recommendation? Click on the book to submit your form!)
Liked our lesson from today? Feel free to leave suggestions here (Click on the suggestion box). I will check them periodically throughout the school year. They are anonymous, so no pressure. You don't have to feel guilty for not liking something we did in class!
(Need to leave the room for something? Click on the hall pass to fill it out before leaving.)