Haynes School Council
The Haynes School Council is a representative committee composed of the Haynes staff members, parent representatives and one or more community members. The Council operates in accordance with and under the provisions of the Education Reform Act of 1993 (MGL Ch. 71 Section 59C).
The School Council has three main purposes and responsibilities:
- Assist and advise the principal in identifying educational needs of students attending the school
- Assist the principal in reviewing the annual school budget
- Assist the principal in formulating the School Improvement Plan
Nine members, including the principal, three faculty/staff representatives elected by the faculty/staff, three parent representatives elected by the parent community through the Haynes Organization of Parents, and two community members, appointed by the principal. All members (except the principal) serve two-year terms. The School Council is co-chaired by the building principal with membership, which includes parents, teachers and community members.
The School Council meets approximately once a month, and at least once each quarter. The first meeting of the Council takes place no later than forty days after the opening of each school year.
- Jeffrey LaBroad, Principal
- Jennie Brannen, Grade 1 Teacher
- Michelle Marino, Speech & Language Pathologist
- Melissa Nash, Grade 3 Teacher
- Jeff Klinger, Community Representative (Co-Chair)
- Judy Merra, Community Representative
- Sarah Abramson, Parent Representative
- Russ Hornbeck, Parent Representative
- Stephanie Lapat, Parent Representative
Meetings are held from 7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
- October 17
- November 14
- December 19
- January 23
- February 27
- March 20
- April 24
- May 22