Zane Trace WiFi Guide
Zane Trace Local School provides WiFi access to all members of Zane Trace Local School and approved guest. All traffic is monitored and recorded. App usage is also tracked. Usage requires that a security certificate is installed on your device - see below.
- Connect to ZT Key: pioneers
- Follow Security Certificate Installation Instructions (One Time Process)
- If you are a staff member you will be required to sign in to your work Gmail account to authenticate. Users of our ZT network will not be required to sign in, but will have stricter filtering settings.
Security Certificate Installation Instructions (one time process)
Android Devices (phones and tablets) - please note - you must have a screen pattern lock or password on your device to be able to do this.
- Download the certificate from here. Open with defaults.
- At the Name the certificate screen give the certificate a name (whatever you like) and press the OK button.
iOS Devices (ipad/iphone)
- Download the certificate here within Safari.
- Click on the downloaded file and press the Install button.
- You will be prompted with a warning message that says, "Installing this profile will change settings on your iPad." Press the Install Now button.
- Download in the installer from here.
- Open up the archive and run the installer.
- In some instances this does not work and a manual install is required. Please follow the instructions here
- Download the installer here
- Run the installer - you need admin rights on your device to do this.
- Firefox users need to manually install the certificate into the browser. Instructions can be found here
- Download the certificate here.
- Open the certificate and follow the onscreen prompts.
Private Chromebook - no action is needed - please sign in with your school account. Private accounts are not supported.