St. Peter Preschool
Ms. Leticia and Ms. Kayla
For the month of FEBRUARY we will be learning about:
Feelings and Emotions
Monthly Bible Verse:
"Do everything in love." 1 Corinthians 16:14
For the week of February 10-14 we will be learning:
Last week, February 3-7, we reviewed
- For February 10-14: Monday-Violette , Tuesday- Kenzie, Wednesday-Hunter Thursday- Emmelyn, Friday- PARTY DAY
Please check the sharing calendar on our parent board next to the sign in/out to see when your child has a share day. On that day your child can bring 1 special item to show the class. They also may bring snack for the whole class (24 children). Bringing the snack is optional and if you choose not to send anything, we will provide a snack.
This is the only day of the week we will open the doors early for the half/full day children. Please arrive by 8:20 a.m.
If you arrive after 8:25 a.m, the children will be in the chapel. You will need to bring them to the chapel and sign them in with their teacher.
For the third quarter, the 7th and 8th graders have chosen to designate funds for health and hygiene kits distributed by Lutheran World Relief. Each class has been assigned an item to collect. The 7th and 8th grade classes will assemble the kits and send them to Lutheran World Relief, who will ship them to families in need. Any monetary offerings collected during the third quarter will be used to purchase items for the kits. Please pray for all the people receiving the kits and the Lutheran World Relief organization with all that they do.
- Please bring extra clothes for your child if you have not already. Also, please send a water bottle every day with your child's name somewhere on the bottle.
- It is colder in the mornings when we have recess, please provide a jacket for your child. Also, please make sure your child's name is written on the inside somewhere, as many jackets get traded or misplaced.
- "Homework"! We are getting back into routine of sending home small papers we would like the kids to work on at home. They are in no way required to finish, but more of a practice extended from what we work on in class. If the child completes the homework and brings it back in, they are given a sticker for their chart to track progress. We encourage you to spend this time with your children together!
- Please note that we do update the snack calendar here, however the full month snack calendar is always posted on the parent bulletin board near the sign in/out clipboard.
- Feb. 14th- His Little Feet Concert-- We are having chapel on Friday this week and all are welcomed to watch the special chapel service. After chapel, our class will have a small party for the kids to pass out valentines and enjoy a yummy fruit salad. IF you make cards, we encourage you to make them out "to a friend" rather than each child's name to save stress and the chance that someone could be left out.
- Feb. 17th NO SCHOOL
- Feb. 18th - Dental Presentation 10a -11:30a
- Feb. 28th NO SCHOOL- Teacher In-service/Conferences-- We will be having sing-ups for those who want to have a short conference with us to follow up with how your child is doing. We will go over any issues that we've noticed in the classroom or if you have any to share as well. We will also show workbooks and talk about future options with you. (TK versus Kindergarten) Sign up for a time slot from 7-9:30 a.m., on the paper located near the sign in/out clipboard.
Thank you very much! If you ever have any questions or concerns please contact:
Ms. Leticia: email@example.com
Ms. Kayla: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Shanna email@example.com
A Note from Mrs. Shanna
- Reminder that it is never OK to leave a child in the car unattended. Please refer to the California Vehicular Code Section 15620.
- His Little Feet is a wonderful concert coming to us in February. We are looking for families to house our guests. It would be 2 children and 1 adult per household.
- We do give apologies, the courtesy of warming up lunches is going to end. Our enrollment is getting better and we do not have the staffing to allow leaving the room. We also want to prepare them for Kindergarten where they will not heat up food either.
- Now accepting potty-trained 2 year-old children in our program.
- We are looking for other ideas to incorporate guests on campus. It is to difficult to do field trips so we want to bring as many people on campus as possible. Please let us know if you have an idea or know someone that we could have come visit the children.
- Any updates to immunizations, please get new records for our files.
School Theme Verse:
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is noble, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.