Year 5 Information
Welcome to Year 5.
This information is to help you prepare for the exciting things that we will be doing from September.
Firstly, you must arrive at school ready and equipped for learning so you will need the following things:
- 30cm clear, non-flexible ruler.
- A pair of good scissors.
- Glue stick and a spare.
- Pencils for writing and drawing, colouring pencils and at least one blue fountain pen for when you achieve a penmanship award. No biros please.
- Whiteboard pen and a spare.
- A clear protractor.
- An A4 size wallet for homework sheets and letters – this is to stop your work becoming crumpled.
- Only one small pencil case to fit in the desk drawer.
Please make sure all items are clearly labelled with your name.
We will be sending homework diaries home at the beginning of September. Please can the exercise books which are sent home be covered in transparent sticky back plastic. Please ensure that you buy enough of this to cover all the books sent home. This is available at WH Smith, Amazon and Wilkinson’s. Below is a picture of the required style:
Your P.E kit should arrive on the first day of school in a labelled P.E bag. It must remain at school all week as sometimes outdoor P.E can be flexible due to wet weather. It should consist of the following:
White T- shirt with St Paul’s logo
Black shorts (summer) and tracksuit bottoms (winter)
Black plimsolls for indoor P.E and trainers for outdoor P.E.
Please label all items of your PE Kit with your name.
I am really looking forward to working with you next year and wish you a happy and safe holiday.