Due to restrictions, our Gardening Club is currently Year 4 and we are rotating our members to give the opportunity to as many children as possible to take part.
Gardening at St Paul's
Gardening club at St Paul’s gives the children lots of opportunities to engage with nature and be creative.
We do a variety of activities including:
• Planting bulbs for the Spring
• Decorating pots and planting them for Christmas presents
• Making bird feeders
• Cutting back hedges and clearing paths
• Designing vegetable gardens
• Weeding and digging flower beds
• Planting and looking after seeds
• Collecting seeds and making seed packets
• Learning about what vegetables grow in our climate
• We also take part in What’s Under Our Feet – this is where we measure and count the insects in our garden.
The gardening club painted some pots and planted spider plants and Christmas cacti ready for Christmas.