If you have ever looked around our school you will agree that the ‘Art Experience’ our children receive is fantastic. Children work in a variety of groups during their weekly art lesson and on themed art days.
Each year group team of teachers and our Art Assistant work hard to change and develop their curriculum content to ensure that children:
- investigate, record and develop ideas by collecting information in sketch books
- learn to use different materials and tools (including ICT) to create art work
- can adapt their own work after discussing, comparing and learning from their own and others work
- learn more about the visual and tactile elements such as colour, line and shape etc and how to use them
- look at art, craft and design work from different times and cultures and use this to help in developing their own work.